Anyone familiar with Madrid, Spain?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Anyone familiar with Madrid, Spain?

I am spending 2 weeks there with my brother starting tomorrow. I have a general itenerary planned out as to what I want to go see culturally (museums, food, markets, etc).

I would like to know if there are any nightclubs or shows I should be aware of. Does anyone here have any recommendations?

Also, any tips and suggestions beyond music in regards of what to check out in Madrid is more than welcome as well.

Thanks!

EDIT: Can't edit title....of course I meant Spain....derp.
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

My friend studied abroad there. He said it was the greatest place in the world. They go out around 11pm and don't stop until the sun comes up. I forget all the places he went but one of his favorite was called Club Zombie (I think?) Every week these guys called the Zombie Kids play and from what I hear it gets pretty nuts
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Emery View Post
    My friend studied abroad there. He said it was the greatest place in the world. They go out around 11pm and don't stop until the sun comes up. I forget all the places he went but one of his favorite was called Club Zombie (I think?) Every week these guys called the Zombie Kids play and from what I hear it gets pretty nuts
    Thanks!

Per chance can you ask him to elaborate? It is not really time sensative as we have two weeks and our schedule is really flexible.

-GPS
    DJEditorHugger

He was at this huge party they threw
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Quote Originally Posted by GPS View Post
    Thanks!

Per chance can you ask him to elaborate? It is not really time sensative as we have two weeks and our schedule is really flexible.

-GPS
    Yea I probably sound like an idiot to anyone who has actually been there Im going to ask him what places he recommends

I've never been to Madrid, but as far as clubbing goes checking out the event listings on Resident Advisor and then doing some research on the clubs with good line-ups is a sensible approach that is applicable to any major city, I'd say
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

a friend of mine from Spain who now lives in SF is going to be traveling around doing a tour next month. If you are around say whats up to him. His name is Fernando Gullon. Tell him Tung sent you and he will flip his shit and show you an amazing time.

August 3rd Demode Club -- Madrid -- Spain
    August 4th Pacha Mallorca -- Palma de Mallorca
    August 10th Sensebeat present: Open Air Party 3 -- Palma de Mallorca – Spain
    August 11th La Ponderosa -- C'an Picafort -- Mallorca
    August 17th Garito Club -- Palma de Mallorca -- Spain
    August 27th DES -- Marrakech -- Morocco
    August 31st Demode Club -- Madrid -- Spain
    September 1st Café La Palma -- Madrid -- Spain
    September 8th OMH/Demode -- Madrid -- Spain

Madrid is an amazing place man!!!

I'd suggest having a look out for some events or nights that you fancy going to, but don't tie yourself down with plans, you need to be a little adventurous and go where the mood takes you. I went for 5 days before I got married 3 years ago, and I ended up swimming in a lake about an hour from Madrid with a load of Spanish and South Americans and none of my friends, in fact I stayed in touch with one guy I met and he's been to England to see me since!!!

Top place, even better people, you're gonna have a scream, enjoy it man... Gotta say I'm a little jealous!!!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    a friend of mine from Spain who now lives in SF is going to be traveling around doing a tour next month. If you are around say whats up to him. His name is Fernando Gullon. Tell him Tung sent you and he will flip his shit and show you an amazing time.

August 3rd Demode Club -- Madrid -- Spain
    August 4th Pacha Mallorca -- Palma de Mallorca
    August 10th Sensebeat present: Open Air Party 3 -- Palma de Mallorca – Spain
    August 11th La Ponderosa -- C'an Picafort -- Mallorca
    August 17th Garito Club -- Palma de Mallorca -- Spain
    August 27th DES -- Marrakech -- Morocco
    August 31st Demode Club -- Madrid -- Spain
    September 1st Café La Palma -- Madrid -- Spain
    September 8th OMH/Demode -- Madrid -- Spain
    AHH! I finally get internet and see this....we were out last night and would have def checked him out if I saw this yesterday! My brother was too tired to go into any clubs though so I guess I would not have gone since I wouldn't leave him on his own. Still though......lol

I looked up the zombie club a little while ago and should be checking out chase n status and dirty loud there in a few days. Thanks for the info!
    DJEditorHugger

Noone from Barcelona? I'll be there 11-18
    Something interesting to do?
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast