VJing Traktor Plug-in?
    Tech Convert

Default VJing Traktor Plug-in?

Does anyone know any word of Traktor ever getting a video plug in to do video djing?
    Considering Virtual DJ has it, and Serato has a plug-in to buy seperately, didn't know if anyone
    has ever heard any rumors ever or if this is something that will never be considered?

your better off without video as it is very distracting for the dance floor if you are playing music videos, people will stop dancing and start watching. The only exception is using abstract videos designed in programs like Adobe After Effects or Sony Vegas as they become part of the backdrop, But that is a lot of production work and usually only reserved for big named touring DJ's and usually put together by a team of designers.

If you are small time and your club doesn't provide video you will have difficulty in setting up the video system, you will always updating your content so you don't bore your audience with the same songs and graphics. New video content can be purchased online but it's far from cheap and you would still need to combine the audio and video stream in something like adobe premier if you want to sync the rhythm of the sound and visual.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    your better off without video as it is very distracting for the dance floor if you are playing music videos, people will stop dancing and start watching.
    Couldn't agree more. Every single DJ+video set I've seen has been like this.
    Leave VJing to the real VJs, you know the guys who build art installations and then project crazy shit onto it. Putting some youtube rips to your music and stringing a white bedsheet up on the wall doesn't make you a VJ
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

All people who know more about things like this are under NDA and could get into big trouble for spreading this kind of information. Rumors wouldn't help you much because they'd have been spread by someone who doesn't know anything at all.

Your best bet is to ask in the Traktor on the records-sessions or check the job openings regularly. A lot of users asked about this feature so NI likely knows about it.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

i enjoy that traktor doesn't have a video program honestly. Its made to DJ, not DJ/VJ. I VJ for a fun hobby sometimes and think a program needs to be dedicated to either or to be effective.
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    all people who know more about things like this are under nda and could get into big trouble for spreading this kind of information. Rumors wouldn't help you much because they'd have been spread by someone who doesn't know anything at all.

Your best bet is to ask in the traktor on the records-sessions or check the job openings regularly. A lot of users asked about this feature so ni likely knows about it.
    HEDGEHOG CONFIRMS TRAKTOR VIDEO!

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon View Post
    i enjoy that traktor doesn't have a video program honestly. Its made to DJ, not DJ/VJ. I VJ for a fun hobby sometimes and think a program needs to be dedicated to either or to be effective.
    I agree. There's plenty of programs that you can run alongside Traktor that will MIDI sync the videos you play, so what's the advantage to putting it in Traktor other than bloat?
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Scratchable visuals, obviously. Not that I think that is any good. I really dislike it when DJs use SSL with video and scratch some youtube clips that ad nothing to the music or the performance what so ever.