Traktor pro 2.5 Timecode pitch control problems?

Default Traktor pro 2.5 Timecode pitch control problems?

Using a set of pioneer cdj 800 mk2's in traktor scratch pro 2.5 and having some pitch fader issues.

First off all on my cdj's are saying the bpm is like 180,when i am mixing 125pm in traktor.

2.when moving the pitch control on the cdj,it takes traktor about 3 seconds to move,and never really keeps it on what its meant to.

3.when cueing from the first cue point it never seams to get on it,always starts behind it

any help or tips with this?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyQuiet View Post
    Using a set of pioneer cdj 800 mk2's in traktor scratch pro 2.5 and having some pitch fader issues.

First off all on my cdj's are saying the bpm is like 180,when i am mixing 125pm in traktor.

2.when moving the pitch control on the cdj,it takes traktor about 3 seconds to move,and never really keeps it on what its meant to.

3.when cueing from the first cue point it never seams to get on it,always starts behind it

Are you using the MK2 CD's as well? Have you tried the MK1's? I had problems with the MK2 CD's using my 800's and 2.5 I found buggy in general.
    http://mixcloud.com/audioaerosol
    Black MacBook 2.4ghz 750gb HD, 8gb RAM
    XDJ Aero & Rekordbox

yeah i have mk2s & mk1's but traktor wont read the mk1s in 2.5

is there anyway to roll back,as i forgot to back up before installing.

BUMP.

is there anyway to roll back or to solve these problems?

Tech Student

The problems with the cue points are fixed with the new update 2.5.1. As about the pitch lag problem that everyone faces after 2.0.3 release they said to me that they do not know when they are going to fix it. So I asked from them a full refund of my money coz I just got traktor 2.5. As about rolling back I hope that you have got a backup of your collection.nml file from your older versions coz 2.5 one transforms it to a new format and it is not compatible with the older ones. Going to applications if you use Mac you open native instruments and you are going to find the older versions in that folder. You click traktor executable file and here you are!!!! I hope I helped you enough with my instructions

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TommyQuiet View Post

First off all on my cdj's are saying the bpm is like 180,when i am mixing 125pm in traktor. This is because the cdj's cant read a bpm from timecode...

2.when moving the pitch control on the cdj,it takes traktor about 3 seconds to move,and never really keeps it on what its meant to. as mentioned, try the MK1 timecode and upgrade to 2.5.1

3.when cueing from the first cue point it never seams to get on it,always starts behind it i think everyone has this issue with timecode

see above
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Student

As i said from my experience with traktor 2.5 and 2.5.1 issue number 3 is resolved in version 2.5.1. Number two is not resolved at all. I got a reply for NI tech team and they said that they do not know if they are going to solve this issue just disappear the pitch bend and as about issue number 1 I never check the bpm on cdjs only only traktor decks so I do not really know. I am saying these from my experience with NI support team and NI traktor 2.5 on 2.5.1 on my Macbook Pro.

Tech Guru

with the first issue, there is no way possible for the CDJ to know the bpm of the track being played via traktor if the cdj is only playing timecode...think about it, the cdj will be trying to calculate the bpm of the timecode...we are talking about cdj800mk2's, not the 850/800/2000 etc...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,