Traktor Pro 1.1.2 Filter

Default Traktor Pro 1.1.2 Filter

I just updated Traktor to 1.1.2 and....

Anybody else notice a lack of BALLS in the Xone filter? Was this changed???

Not sure if this is considered "Deck filter resonance fixed" but if so I want the old one back!
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Quote Originally Posted by rvltion909 View Post
    I just updated Traktor to 1.1.2 and....

Anybody else notice a lack of BALLS in the Xone filter? Was this changed???

Not sure if this is considered "Deck filter resonance fixed" but if so I want the old one back!
    Yes it is - its MUCH more useful for mixing this way than that horrible screaming filter they had for a while there. If you want screaming filters then use the filters in the fx section instead - this filter is much more useful for using the filter as an actual filter and not an effect.

gotcha, I can see that

I used the filter for the more classic funky house bass sort of (muted room next door effect).

I definitely see the potential to this one though. It goes completely silent about 85%+ and can be useful

Thanks Bento
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

No problem dude, once you get used to the difference you will begin to like it alot more - its realy useful for cutting frequencies without adding anythign extra into your mix Try using it more as part of your EQing process for frequency managment and you will find it incredibly useful.

The filter was originally how it was now, then it was changed to the filter with alot more resonance, then after lots of people complained it got changed back in 1.1.2.

Tech Wizard

(F me, I thought I read Traktor bladibla FILER for a monemt there..)
    BCR2000, Urei 1603 + some stereo guitar effects, 2x Synq XTRM, Thinkpad X60s w Traktor Pro/Ableton, some external HDD's. Raggidy mixers/Lab equipment wanted for hacking purposes

Tech Guru

I thought that was the case too (changing the filter back to the previous version), but both filters actually sound different to me now than in the first release of TPro. This could be just in my mind, but I thought the original Xone sounded kinda like the present one with a tad more balls, and the Ladder sounded less screamy and Q'ed out. Who knows?
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    Xone sounded kinda like the present one with a tad more balls, and the Ladder sounded less screamy and Q'ed out. Who knows?
    Thats right, the Xone one is the one with the high resonance and the ladder one with the one with low resonance.