True split cueing for VCI-100 (like DJM-600).. Is it possible ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default True split cueing for VCI-100 (like DJM-600).. Is it possible ?

Hey guys,

I've just taken the plunge and got a tasty VCI-100, and am loving it so far.
    However.. a couple of things I've been wondering about.. so perhaps you can fill me in..

Is it possible to setup traktor pro and midi mapping to allow for proper split cueing like the DJM 600 has ? By this, I mean that the left side of your headphones is playing the PFL cued track, and the right side is playing the master ? (It would also need to be switchable so both sides are playing either cue or master as well).

Also on a side note.. when not using the DJM-600 (hence the question above!), I really miss my vu meters for accurate gain control when mixing.. how have you got around that ?

I tried to get some on screen software vu meters, but those I found on the net, only work on soundcard inputs, they can't monitor outputs.

in the top right of the vci you'll see three little black knobs, the one on the right will control how much of the cue you hear. that's about as good as i can think of to get it.

in traktor pro you kind of have a VU meter inside the faders, while it's not on the actual hardware itself, it's pretty decent i'd say. also, maybe try using the master limiter and auto-gain? (in prefs) other than that you can use the other little black knobs to control master gain.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

What soundcard are you using and how many channels does it have? Might have a solution.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Tech Guru

yea you could do this with sound routing.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

I have 6 outs (3 x stereo pairs) on my current soundcard, but am upgrading that soon, so that shouldn't been an issue anyway.

Would you care to elaborate on the sound routing please.

And hipnotikk, thanks for your suggestions, I was aware of the knobs, but thats not split cueing, thats listening to one or more tracks in both ears at once, not left and right split.

Tech Mentor

I'm not sure if you can do it in software but some soundcards are equipped with a split function, i.e. M-Audio Connectiv.

Closest you are going to get to split cueing in Traktor is by routing the "Output record" out to your soundcard (mono) and using it as the master, then route the "Output Monitor" to the other mono of the channel. Then you would have to MIDI map a knob/slider to "monitor volume", "monitor mix", and "recording out gain". Not beautiful, and not fully functional like a DJM, but all you'll get out of Traktor.

Your soundcard might have other options though, I know that m-audio does.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

So on a slightly different route.. what soundcards are out there that support split cue ?

i don't know how to do the routing in traktor but i think it is possible. in ableton i could get you one in a couple of mins you would route the channels to each ear you want and then use a smartknob and button to select what cues you were hearing and what side the master and cues are on.

check out bomes.

i know there are peak meter vst's but that isn't going to help with with traktor unless you route the traktor sound into an audio program that can then run vsts

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    I tried to get some on screen software vu meters, but those I found on the net, only work on soundcard inputs, they can't monitor outputs.
    i think maybe you need a virtual audio cable that would go from traktor to the vu meter and then your outs would be coming from the vumeter

what one were you using?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast