DJs pay DJ Mag huge money to get promoted and covered as "news articles"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DJs pay DJ Mag huge money to get promoted and covered as "news articles"

http://edmsnob.com/leaked-dj-mag-int...-dyk-aly-fila/

Basically saying big name DJs pay huge money for promotion disguised as news articles and to get on the front cover and have large articles written about them.

this may or may not be true of course and not sure I totally buy it- DJ mag responded:

"DJ Mags official statement regarding the internal documents:"In response to EDM Snob In response to recent postings by EDM Snob, DJ Mag would like to clarify that the invoices that have been published are for legitimate advertising and CD covermount deals.
    This can easily be verified by checking the magazine issues mentioned. They are not “secret documents” but are confidential company invoices and have been obtained without our consent.
    We cannot stress enough that as guardians of the Top 100 DJs Poll we take the integrity of the Poll extremely seriously.
    This stunt simply looks like an attempt to drive traffic and interest in EDM Snob’s blog, and divert attention away from our ongoing investigation into cheating in this year’s Poll.
    We view the obtaining of these invoices as a criminal matter and have contacted the police"
    http://www.djmag.com/news/detail/3481"
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 08-13-2012 at 11:48 AM.

nasty

Hmm interesting - I would think the person who they got the invoices from would have a good idea what the payments were actually for, plus it doesn't suprise me one bit, so I'm inclined to believe it
    SC | MC

i love how the facebook comment section totally backfires

It makes sense if you have a new CD coming out or a tour to promote to purchase a big spread in a magazine covering you, especially if you are a cover story.

Quote Originally Posted by rdale View Post
    It makes sense if you have a new CD coming out or a tour to promote to purchase a big spread in a magazine covering you, especially if you are a cover story.
    this, plus who cares about DJ Mag anymore, it's obviously a bunch of rubbish.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

i mean thats pretty much the same as paying for advertisements....don't really catch the big deal. So what they pay a bunch of money to get on the cover of a magazine?
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Allegedly they are claiming the money was to be featured in several page news articles and not typical advertisements- so pay and get a big feature news article written about you- which is kind of shady. Assuming this isn't all BS, at the end of the day edmsnob and dj mag are both crap.

If this is done, it's pretty bad investment, DJ Magazine is not exactly a top place for marketing.

what's the point though? Is DJMag really that influential? Surely these dj's make enough money without featuring in DJMag? I mean, fair enough if this was the late 90's or early 00's but does anyone really choose which DJ they're gonna see based on how high they rank in the top 100?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast