Recording w/ Traktor & DJM-900
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Recording w/ Traktor & DJM-900

Hey guys, I need a little help with how to record using Traktor and my DJM-900. I tried recording the other day and did not realize until after that my settings were set to use Traktor's internal recorder when I was using an external mixer, so basically everything I did (cueing, etc.) was recorded. After some lengthy research and finding nothing, I was wondering if anyone could give me step by step instructions on how I can record my sets using Traktor and my DJM-900 without any external interface. I am using the DJM-900's soundcard! Thank you!

I believe there is no way of recording with the DJM 900 with out an external sound card.

i had a DJM 800, i had to go through my AUDIO 8. (connecting the record out from djm 800 to 1 of the channel on audio 8, then in traktor set recording to the channel you're using on audio 8).

are you using the djm 900 and mixing internally? then you can use traktor's recording feature.

I dont believe you can use the soundcard on the nexus to record your sets in external mode, here is a diagram i drew up to help another member setup their mixer to record externally.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Tech Guru

I believe a little knowledge is a dangerous thing Kensic...

As long as you dont use timecode control on all 4 inputs or use all 4 inputs with other external sources, this is easily done. using the nexus setup utility, go into the Mixer Output tab and route REC OUT to inputs USB 7/8 with the drop down menu, then in traktor route that input to the recorder...this is how i record mine. it doesnt matter that i use all 4 decks in traktor as they are outputs...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    As long as you dont use timecode control on all 4 inputs or use all 4 inputs with other external sources, this is easily done. using the nexus setup utility, go into the Mixer Output tab and route REC OUT to inputs USB 7/8 with the drop down menu, then in traktor route that input to the recorder...this is how i record mine. it doesnt matter that i use all 4 decks in traktor as they are outputs...
    after i put up my post i thought of this ... just needed verification that it indeed can work this way

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Tech Wizard

Do I need to be using RCA cables? If so, where do they need to be hooked up to?

Tech Guru

It's actually possible to route all the outputs to ableton to record individual decks. However if you are using time code you have to mess with the routing otherwise ableton will just record the time code signal, not the actual song in traktor. And this also limits you to two decks instead of 4 since you have to route the time code decks to the other 2 channels

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Ryan View Post
    Do I need to be using RCA cables? If so, where do they need to be hooked up to?
    no, read my post above. this facility is built into the djm900, but you need to change a route using the DJM900 settings utility
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Guru

Screen shot 2012-08-13 at 23.40.31.jpg

i cant point it out much more than this without holding your hand...its all in the manual too btw...

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    I believe a little knowledge is a dangerous thing Kensic...

LOL my bad, my djm 800 doesn't have a sound card....while the djm 900 does....that's the fact i did not know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast