I'm excited VDJ7.1 is being released in a couple of weeks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I'm excited VDJ7.1 is being released in a couple of weeks

It's going to have some of the features of VDJ8, but they haven't yet been confirmed by atomix staff, but a new GUI is coming!

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/1676...ualDJ_7_1.html
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Guru

I've decided to hold off any major upgrades until I see VDJ8. I never thought I'd say that, but it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    I've decided to hold off any major upgrades until I see VDJ8. I never thought I'd say that, but it's true.
    same here; I'm hoping it will be working well for Mac users as 7 was pretty useless. But been hearing great things about the PC version and it's heading in the direction of more openness while Traktor sadly seems headed in the opposite direction.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Any idea what the new features might be?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

This is what they have to choose from but haven't yet confirmed what will be included accept a new GUI and the new config area, so I hope that includes the eq as that is the most important update IMO and that is changed in the config area.

• frequency adjustable eq :Woot:
    • new style of writing and recording cue points, hopefully it means we can assign script actions to cue points, which are now called "points of interest"
    • sampler like the remix deck but a little more modifiable
    • new config area for noobs who couldn't understand the old one..
    • built in registry value editor (back end of the program)
    • coloured waveforms
    • Smooth skin resize
    • ability to color tracks in the browser for identification.

When it gets released I'll post a list of changes, but I think this will be features added to the current version not the redesigned VDJ8. but still unconfirmed and they started working on it over a year ago so there is a chance...

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    [*]frequency adjustable eq :Woot:
    All DJ software should have had this by now; there's no excuse. Traktor comes closest but the implementation is lame. It would be even better if you had an option to EQ the entire output separately but that's probably asking too much...

[*]sampler like the remix deck but a little more modifiable
    I don't particularly like or use the sampler or the remix deck in Traktor; it would be interesting to try a fresh approach to it. Though honestly the only approach that makes sense to me is something that looked like Ableton integration and nobody does that right (not even the Bridge).

[*]ability to color tracks in the browser for identification.
    Another thing that should have been in most DJ software by now but nobody gets right. Serato has done the browser better than anything else I've used but it still kinda sucks. What I really like about Serato's method is the ability to sort from genre, bpm, etc., independently or in tandem using easy windows - but that has nothing to do with colors.

When it gets released I'll post a list of changes, but I think this will be features added to the current version not the redesigned VDJ8. but still unconfirmed and they started working on it over a year ago so there is a chance...
    So VDJ 8 and 7.5 are two different animals entirely? Or do you think it's a minor update and a major one down the road?
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

yeah it's minor just to shut the current users up as it has been a year since the last update so their is some maintenance and all the mappers that have been made over the last year by atomix are going to be included into the program natively, vdj pro is currently at 7.05b.380, this is taking it up to 7.10, but it's all the same as traktor releasing 2.5, just different numbers...

At the moment I have to use a VST for an adjustable eq but it doesn't play nice with timecodes as the VST buffers the audio separately so when you pull the record back it has issues, but that may be my slow computers...

Not really a fan of colouring tracks as it will make the browser look like rainbow spew, but I have requested that you can set colours with a system like "filter folders" so hopefully that was implemented or at least will be in VDJ8.

In regard to the sampler it is the same as the remix decks but you can choose your own groupings, colour, you have up to 99 banks and you can trigger as many at once as you like* I won't use it but it's there, and could be very useful for people with a launchpad, Midifighter 3d, F1 or APC...

*according to what I have read and seen in the teaser video's earlier in the year, unfortunately no official conformation yet so this is still speculation as there is no beta for this release.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    yeah it's minor just to shut the current users up as it has been a year since the last update so their is some maintenance and all the mappers that have been made over the last year by atomix are going to be included into the program natively, vdj pro is currently at 7.05b.380, this is taking it up to 7.10, but it's all the same as traktor releasing 2.5, just different numbers...

At the moment I have to use a VST for an adjustable eq but it doesn't play nice with timecodes as the VST buffers the audio separately so when you pull the record back it has issues, but that may be my slow computers...

Not really a fan of colouring tracks as it will make the browser look like rainbow spew, but I have requested that you can set colours with a system like "filter folders" so hopefully that was implemented or at least will be in VDJ8.

In regard to the sampler it is the same as the remix decks but you can choose your own groupings, colour, you have up to 99 banks and you can trigger as many at once as you like* I won't use it but it's there, and could be very useful for people with a launchpad, Midifighter 3d, F1 or APC...

*according to what I have read and seen in the teaser video's earlier in the year, unfortunately no official conformation yet so this is still speculation as there is no beta for this release.

synthet1
    I use traktor.... but i am waiting for the release of vdj8 before i go with the f1 and keep investing in native instruments...What do you think i might miss changing to vdj 7 or 8 or what would i gain ?... Thinking of changing mainly because my denon 3700, i have seen, that works very good (natively)with vdj...that is my only reason to change now but, i use tt, and i have heard that Traktor is better in dvs *but i am not sure if this is true, because i have only used vdj 5 with hercules controller so long ago.
    Thank you in advance for your help.

You have to use PC at this stage to get the real benefits, as you can use VST's for anything that traktor has and more effect wise, the rest of it is much more mappable then traktor, it supports any controller on the market and has video... I personally think VDJ7 is better than traktor but I know the program inside out and have spent a lot of time understanding it, But as long as you are aware of how to optimise your computer and are willing to learn a small amount of basic scripting if you want some customisation you should be good.

What you will miss is the effects integration, but if effects are your thing you won't miss the limitation of only having 4 banks and having to see the effects on the skin to use them. You also have a better eq in traktor for now. I have never used timecode in traktor to make a comparison but I use timecode myself and have no issues using an Audio 8 with serato cv02 vinyl. The rest is speculation of what VDJ7.1/8 will offer so it's best to wait 2 weeks for the release.

You literally can have the traktor effects :P

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/.../?content=1242
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast