Looking to buy the Mini kaoss pad 2 but...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking to buy the Mini kaoss pad 2 but...

Hey guys, i read that thread about the mini kaoss pad 2 and it really got my attention, it's so tiny and cute

No but seriously, i was looking for something like this for a long time, an external effect unit, pioneers rmx1000 being like 1,000$ was not the way to go. Although i saw on the post that the kaoss pad 3 had many more effects and some other stuff, only being around 100$ more than the mini pad.

The question to you guys is which to go with? I don't really care about the size of the kaoss pad 3..

Also will it work with an S2?
    Last edited by JulianVeloso; 08-15-2012 at 01:19 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

It will work with the S2, but you'll have to route your main out through it so everything you're playing will be Kaossorized.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

I got the first Kaoss Pad then it came out. Loved it, but it was just too much to remember at times. Which number effect did what, where to put your finger at to get the right sound I wanted. That was the first KP, I'm sure the later models were easier to use. I'm not sure I would use a KP mini 1 or 2 out live. Especially on batteries.

Have you looked at maybe a used Pioneer EFX-500 or 1000? I picked up a 500 for $125 and I've seen the 1000 as low as $400 before the RMX came out.

Quote Originally Posted by sol*los View Post
    I got the first Kaoss Pad then it came out. Loved it, but it was just too much to remember at times. Which number effect did what, where to put your finger at to get the right sound I wanted. That was the first KP, I'm sure the later models were easier to use. I'm not sure I would use a KP mini 1 or 2 out live. Especially on batteries.

Have you looked at maybe a used Pioneer EFX-500 or 1000? I picked up a 500 for $125 and I've seen the 1000 as low as $400 before the RMX came out.
    The kaoss pad 3 has like much more effects and shit, and i can get it for 200$ or so on ebay/amazon...i'm just looking for a personal opinion on it ..like if the effects are really good and if it's worth the purchase.

About the mini pad, i don't think batteries are much of a problem, it's just an aditional hardware, if it dies it's not like you stop playing or something, plus, you should always carry extra.

External effects units don't really work with traktor and internal mixing thanks to the fact there's no FX send/return in traktor. You'd need to buy a real mixer to make decent us of it.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    External effects units don't really work with traktor and internal mixing thanks to the fact there's no FX send/return in traktor. You'd need to buy a real mixer to make decent us of it.
    Photojojojo told me i could use it with my S2?

Only on the master. This means the effects are applied to everything rather than just to the tracks of your choice.

Kinda makes it a poor tool for mixing and just becomes about EFFECTS AND NOISE.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Only on the master. This means the effects are applied to everything rather than just to the tracks of your choice.

Kinda makes it a poor tool for mixing and just becomes about EFFECTS AND NOISE.
    Oh shit, that's really a downfall. But i guess i'd be using it on certain tracks, and most of the time i don't use effects while 2 tracks are playing.

It's just that i heard some effect examples from the kaoss pad and they sound sick, i love the delays and the LFOs and shitt

It justs seems like a really useful tool after watching all this videos, and the S2 won't be my main setup, this would be a mobile setup, for private parties and such, ill be using cdjs on the long run..Will it work better with cdjs? By this i mean individual channel effects..

I presume it would be embarrassing if you use it on the master and the batteries die during a gig? I own a kp3 and an efx1000 and never found the kp3 as much fun or as intuitive as the efx
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast