F1 vs Mixtrack Pro....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default F1 vs Mixtrack Pro....

Hey guys, so recently I've started a online course for traktor over at Dubspot. One of our assignments this week is to take 2 of the same song, and keep going back and forth between them. Basically how we're told to do this is by playing track a, and then counting the beats 1,2,3,4, DROP. So we're supposed to play the second song on the one and in time with track a. Now a problem I've been having has been with my Mixtrack pro. I'll do the drill, hit CUE, CUE, CUE, CUE, PLAY, and the track always seems to be late. Every time, track b is always behind track a. Now when I try this with my F1, I can hit it spot on every time. Does this have anything to do with the hardware/software? Or just me?

I'm thinking this is because the mixtrack pro is Midi while the F1 is HID? Correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

check your latency in settings under audio. if the cueing is too slow turn the latency down mine is at 256. see if that helps
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Quote Originally Posted by DJKyleHughes View Post
    Hey guys, so recently I've started a online course for traktor over at Dubspot. One of our assignments this week is to take 2 of the same song, and keep going back and forth between them. Basically how we're told to do this is by playing track a, and then counting the beats 1,2,3,4, DROP. So we're supposed to play the second song on the one and in time with track a. Now a problem I've been having has been with my Mixtrack pro. I'll do the drill, hit CUE, CUE, CUE, CUE, PLAY, and the track always seems to be late. Every time, track b is always behind track a. Now when I try this with my F1, I can hit it spot on every time. Does this have anything to do with the hardware/software? Or just me?

I'm thinking this is because the mixtrack pro is Midi while the F1 is HID? Correct?
    the reason that you can accomplish this with the F1 and not the mixtrack is because (im assuming) you dont have sync on when using mixtrack, but with the F1 its sync'd

Quote Originally Posted by NoizeuNit View Post
    the reason that you can accomplish this with the F1 and not the mixtrack is because (im assuming) you dont have sync on when using mixtrack, but with the F1 its sync'd
    nope. Made sure the deck wasn't sync'd.

And emery, I've tried adjusting the latency. No luck...
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

Is it in punch mode or some other mode that will 'sync'

Quote Originally Posted by NoizeuNit View Post
    Is it in punch mode or some other mode that will 'sync'
    No, Because I'm using the pads as hot cues not remix decks.

check to see if the hold is on ... in ttraktor there are two ways to utilize the cue ... im not by my computer right now to tell you exactly what, but you can find it in the settings

edit: i meant the cue release option

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Han View Post
    check to see if the hold is on ... in ttraktor there are two ways to utilize the cue ... im not by my computer right now to tell you exactly what, but you can find it in the settings

edit: i meant the cue release option
    Tried that also. I'd say I've tried everything...

hmmm the delay may be because it's midi vs the HID ... you probably did this already but snap and quantize are off correct?

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Han View Post
    hmmm the delay may be because it's midi vs the HID ... you probably did this already but snap and quantize are off correct?
    Yes. I guess it doesn't matter anymore though, I'm picking up an s4 tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast