EFX Unit that produces some type of white noise?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default EFX Unit that produces some type of white noise?

I saw a James Zabiela video the other day, he was using this mini-something and he produced white noises with it, it had an XY pad and it was yellow..

Can the Kaoss pad 3 produce noises?

Why not use a sample of pink or white noise?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tahts a good idea, but this is a noise taht changes depending on what you press on the xy pad, but that sample idea seems the best.

if you use traktor you can do a similar effect using the gater and mulholland drive effects.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

I've heard of people generating noise on their analog mixers with just a cable but I cant quite remember how. I think it was something like a loop going from the output back into one of the inputs, but set to phono. Great fun for learning to crab it up like a mad crustacean.

Sounds like James Zabiela was using a Kaossilator.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes he does use that on a very regular basis.
    As an alternative, that's the way I would use a NI's F1, more like a effect/sampler launcher rather than the Abletonesque way (playing only loops): here's a video of Lucinao using it the same way

Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    I've heard of people generating noise on their analog mixers with just a cable but I cant quite remember how. I think it was something like a loop going from the output back into one of the inputs, but set to phono. Great fun for learning to crab it up like a mad crustacean.

this +1
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

The RMX-1000 also has a noise generator in it, along with all of the newer Pioneer mixers. The DB series has a fun way of generating it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post

This was exaclty what he was using, it just takes me closer on wanting to buy the kaoss pad 3

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    The RMX-1000 also has a noise generator in it, along with all of the newer Pioneer mixers. The DB series has a fun way of generating it too.
    Def recommend it - mine was sounding pretty fabulous last night. Sadly not cheap and why this month I'm just appallingly broke. Down to my last fiver and all out of food. But worth it though
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast