5.1 suround sound cards and Traktor Pro

Default 5.1 suround sound cards and Traktor Pro

Hi guys,

When at home, I use a built in 7.1 (and sometimes USB 5.1), surround sound card to practise on.

In virtual DJ, I can choose 4.1 card, and split the outputs for either external mixing or internal and headphone cue without a problem.

However, when using the same card in traktor pro, it only shows a single pair of outputs. The only way I can access all the separate channels is to use asio4all otherwise traktor just doesn't see them, despite the fact the card is setup correctly under windows (vista).

So whats up ?

On a related note, when using asio4all, I regularly get one deck that just stops playing after a certain point, which I am sure is to do with asio4all and my sound card drivers somewhere (not actually an issue with traktor as such).. So I am particularly interested in trying to get the above issue resolved.

bump

j1n

Just our of curiousity what kind of USB 5.1 soundcard are you using?

For home use, have internal 7.1 HD audio codec built in, and a USB creative sound blaster 24bit, 5.1. For gigging, I use a terratec phase 26 usb. They all only show 2 pair of outputs, unless routed through aiso4all. I do wonder if the issue is vista 64.