deal of the century!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default deal of the century!!

ok, im f'ing extatic right now.... a few weeks ago my 2008 unibody macbook died, so sold it as broken on ebay, today just browsing gumtree i've picked up a late 2011 13" mbp, immaculate with applecare, boxed and receipt for £360!!!!!!!! WTF!! needless to say funds are on the way to that kind gentleman and i'll have it tuesday, already have it booked in with apple for a check over on weds... i mean hell even if it does turn out to be a shitter i could sell it as such and make more than that

just thought i'd share!!

what if it doesn't arive?
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

better hope its not stolen... Where did you find the guy selling it? you used paypal right?
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Sounds too good to be true.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

i thought about all of these points... believe me 6 hours debating it

i've got pictures of original receipt... which will be sent with the mb
    and paid through paypal

the pictures the fella sent me of it look like it's came from an immaculate and very well off home, so although it sounds too good to be true, maybe for once luck could be on my side... anyway i'll update on tues when it (hopefully) arrives

Good deals do come. My 2007 macbook pro was $400, immaculate condition, logic board and optical drive replaced 2 years ago, brand new battery, and 2 gigs of ram upped to 4. The guy bought a new macbook air, and had no use for this one. Thing runs like a charm.

Hope it works out for you, that's a great find!
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Looking forward to see what we find out next week. Good luck that it's been the deal of your life
    The NI trio - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine - Komplete - and some more gear...

cheers guys, i really hope it is as good as it seems, like i said, it was kind of bought with money for nothing, to be honest i didnt expect to get anything for my broken mb, so gutting as it would be if i got ripped off but it's worth the gamble.

I personally think that when things seem too good to be true, they usually are. Especially on Gumtree.
    I know a lot of people who've got ridiculously good deals though so best of luck to you mate!

well as long as you used paypal, and didn't send the money as a gift, you should be safe. If you don't receive it, or if it is not in the right condition, you can get your money back fairly easily. With that said, I hope everything goes smooth and you get the deal you were hoping for!
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast