Traktor FX Cpu Lag!?!?!?
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor FX Cpu Lag!?!?!?

Very often when I either engage fx 1-4 on the mixer OR select between effects my computer freezes. I use a 13' macbook pro and I'm usually just running traktor playing 2 maybe 3 decks.

Its not the midi gear I don't think because it only happens on these two commands. Changing effects and assigning effects to decks.

I really don't want to have the song skip a beat everytime i want to use my effects! Whats going on here?

Tech Wizard

seriously.. no replies?

Are you using an internal or external mixer?

If you're using internal then it sounds like typical latency issues.

Tech Mentor

I think by 'typical' tokenasianguy means that it's something caused by too tight audio latency settings. It's definitely not typical as in something that should happen. Try increasing your audio buffer size in prefs and see if it makes a difference.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What's your latency set at? Does it only happen the initial time you engage an effect or assign an FX section to a deck and then afterwards it's fine? Try to assign all the FX banks at the very beginning before you start playing and see if it happens again in the same set.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    What's your latency set at? Does it only happen the initial time you engage an effect or assign an FX section to a deck and then afterwards it's fine? Try to assign all the FX banks at the very beginning before you start playing and see if it happens again in the same set.
    it might be the latency.. Do I just this under the main "Audio setup" page under preferences where it says latency?? Whats a good setting?

Also as far as assigning all the fx at the beginning. Would I just have to do tht once and then I could turn them off? Cause i don't want to have to keep them on