Mac vs PC :p
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mac vs PC :p

Default Mac vs PC :p

Hey guys, just wondering:

Why is a mac the standard for live djing? What's wrong with a windows laptop running the same program ? is it stability issues (windows are more prone to crashes and errors)? :s

Similarly, why are more macs used for studio production than windows computers? Aren't windows computer's cheaper (allowing you to put more money into hardware quality itself), and sice stability isn't so much of as issue in the studio than live, why aren't more PCs used? o:

Some topics just shouldn't come up again. Use the search function.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    Some topics just shouldn't come up again. Use the search function.
    Agreed!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Mods can you put a chastity belt on this thread already

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Mods can you put a chastity belt on this thread already
    Patience is a virtue. :P JK

... ibtl

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Tech Guru

just save up and get one of these.. You will never look back

Computer.jpeg
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

I'm gonna try to answer this question. I read somewhere a few months ago that a lot of dj soft ware was coded in mac and then ported into windows. Can't back it up and can be completely false, but at least it sounds like a valid explanation.

For some reason, lower specs Mac computers tend to work much better than a windows pc with the same specs (correct me if I'm wrong). My old computer (an acer aspire 6930 with 4gb of ram and a 2,0ghz processor) worked fine with traktor for some time. And then it started acting out being completely useless for live audio. Don't know why. I recently upgraded to an HP Envy 14 laptop with 8gbs of ram and I can't remember how fast processor. Anyway, I stress tested it yesterday for a while and it was okay, but nothing assures me that I won't have problems in the future.

All, or most of the latency, audio crackles and drop outs reports seem to be windows related whereas I've seen but a few mac problems. Can't really say why, but it's just the way it is. I would have bought myself a mac since all I mainly do on a computer is photo editing and dj ing, but it was completely out of my price range so I just got the HP envy instead hoping it will meet my needs. Although I do expect to have problems along the way, that's for sure.
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

I know there are technical reasons as to why macs tend to run these types of programs smoother. I always thought the reason they were more reliable however had something to do with the fact that Apple (although they use parts from other companies) over see the production from start to finish.

If I would get a PC, it would be HP, but I can't stand all the little bugs and virus' that come along 6-12 months down the road.

Now I feel bad for supporting this thread. Its always the guys with <5 posts that have to create these repeating threads. and the tongue face in the title makes me think he knew he was going to get crap for it
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast