difference between Krk Rokit 5 and 6?
    Tech Mentor

Default difference between Krk Rokit 5 and 6?

I cant see in the specifications any difference there both 75 watt and 18 db, is there and difference besides the size?
    Numark mixtrack - Numark DJ IO Sound card - Akai lpd8 - Traktor pro 2 - Senheiser HD205

A FELLOW ADELAIDE BOY!!!!!!!

anyways i have the 6's and i tried the 5's. But the 6's have a much nicer low end compared to the 5's. And buy them from derringers they are good guys and will match any price
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MYE View Post
    A FELLOW ADELAIDE BOY!!!!!!!

anyways i have the 6's and i tried the 5's. But the 6's have a much nicer low end compared to the 5's. And buy them from derringers they are good guys and will match any price
    AH THATS AWESOME HOW YOUR FROM ADELAIDE AS WELL

Yeh derringers is an awesome shop I will check it out
    Numark mixtrack - Numark DJ IO Sound card - Akai lpd8 - Traktor pro 2 - Senheiser HD205

How many other adelaide people are on here
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Tech Mentor

i have spoken to another one, but cant remeber his name. If you really wanted to find all adeladie djs on here you could start a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Havik View Post
    i have spoken to another one, but cant remeber his name. If you really wanted to find all adeladie djs on here you could start a thread?
    Good idea will do

Tech Student

Havik, i don't know where you see these are equal output (75w) but there is a big difference!

ROK5 have:
    Low-Frequency:5" Aramid Glass Composite woofer
    Mid-Frequency:N/A
    High-Frequency:1" soft dome tweeter
    Frequency Response:52Hz - 20kHz
    Max Peak SPL:106 dB
    Amplifier Class:Class A-B
    Power Output:45W

and ROK6

Low-Frequency:6" Aramid Glass Composite woofer
    Mid-Frequency:N/A
    High-Frequency:1" soft dome tweeter
    Frequency Response:48Hz - 20kHz
    Max Peak SPL:107 dB
    Amplifier Class:Class A-B
    Power Output:68W

KRKSystems website

YAY! first post...anyway, picked up the 5's a few weeks ago...used them for 2 days and just didn't feel they were performing like they should. Granted I wasn't expecting to be in awe at the sound coming from a pair of very moderately priced 5" monitors...I wasn't. Returned the 5's, got the 6's at a steal (i think i paid 35 bucks more EACH) went home plugged them in and thought to myself, if these don't sound A LOT better than the 5's I'll go back, get the Mackie MR5's and be done with it. That was a few weeks ago...the 6's are staying right where they are. The difference in the specs aren't significant but the sound is. Mids can get a little muddy but if everything is EQ'd well they sound pretty damn good for what they are.
    Last edited by kindaFAST; 08-21-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    MacPro 8 core 16GB • 22" Cinema HD • 17" MacBook PRO 4GB • 2x Technics 1200 mk2 • 2x Eurolite flight cases • Numark 4TRAK • Vestax PMC-07 Pro • NI Traktor Kontrol F1 • NI Traktor Pro 2.6 • Ableton 9 Suite • Akai MPK49 • MDR-V700DJ hps • AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio hps • 2x KRK Rokit6 monitors G2 • 2x JBL LSR4328P professional monitors • Arturia MINILAB • Focusrite Saffire PRO14 • Blue SPARK mic • MASCHINE 2 with 2.2 • 1 mill-e-on VSTs