Macbook Air 2009 - Good for Djing?

Default Macbook Air 2009 - Good for Djing?

My friend offered me his macbook air 2009 after my laptop got stolen for only 350$...

I'm wondering if :

Processor and memory
    1.86GHz or 2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 6MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed
    1066MHz frontside bus
    2GB of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM onboard

Can run traktor / Ableton without lagging?

I also know about 1 USB port and No CD, but hell it's really cheap for 350$ and it's in good condition..think i should go for it? Or in the long run it'll be a waste?

should work fine with traktor OR ableton, not sure about running both at once.. might get a bit laggy

at that price i'd snag it
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Does it have the Hard Drive or SSD ?

It should work fine for the most part, I dont think I'd be doing anything fancy with Ableton unless you have the SSD version (Which it can use as virtual memory). At that price though it seems like a bargain as a DJ machine.

You can pick up a 128SSD for around $200 anyhow which is still a good deal for the Air.

Im sure you can find a 128 SSD for closer to $150 if you look for a good deal. Im waiting for the 256 to drop closer to $200 for my pro
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Quote Originally Posted by Emery View Post
    Im sure you can find a 128 SSD for closer to $150 if you look for a good deal. Im waiting for the 256 to drop closer to $200 for my pro
    No need to wait .. there's tons of 256GB's are available for under $200 on Amazon

Different form factor on the Air though which makes them a lil harder to come by, going rate on Ebay seems to be around the $175-185 mark for a 128GB.

Oh yes that make sense, since the air is so thin.

What brand would you recommend for a 256 or even 512? I hear some are much more reliable than others, and some work better with pc than mac. i saw a thread on here awhile ago that probably could answer this, i'll start reading

Crucial M4 seems a popular choice ... $211 direct from crucial or probably cheaper elsewhere.

http://www.crucial.com/store/partspe...LE=CT256M4SSD2

Financially it would be a good idea. System spec wise I'm no expert.

Just experiment if it works, it works and you got yourself a nice quality system.
    If it does end up to lag and not perform enough well then you got yourself a sick "netbook/ultrabook" hybrid
    Or a great chance to flip it. I know right here that system you're talking about sells regularly for $500 on the used market

Ok thanks a lot, i'll guess i'll go for it.