Greasing my X fader - Home remedy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Greasing my X fader - Home remedy

Allo,
    I'm looking for a safe material to grease the x fader on my old mixer. It's in perfect working condition, though it has a bit of resistance to it, making it less than ideal for scratching. Any assistance? Thanks.
    alone

Tech Mentor

I personally won't use anything other than CailLube (DeoxIt) fader spray/grease. I've tried other things like WD40 and caused more problems than what it was worth.

Noted. WD40 was going to be my go-to.
    alone

Tech Guru

Any type of dielectric lube will do.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Just for you to be on the safe side, first use some compressed air to blow in the fader, to get rid of particules, dust and stuff. Only then go with the lubricant, and be light handed with it, put too much of it and it won't be good in the long-mid term for the xfader.
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

CaigLube.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Liquid Gold is ideal for faders. Comes in a small bottle with a straw attached. One bottle should last a life time. Good luck!
    MacPro 8 core 16GB • 22" Cinema HD • 17" MacBook PRO 4GB • 2x Technics 1200 mk2 • 2x Eurolite flight cases • Numark 4TRAK • Vestax PMC-07 Pro • NI Traktor Kontrol F1 • NI Traktor Pro 2.6 • Ableton 9 Suite • Akai MPK49 • MDR-V700DJ hps • AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio hps • 2x KRK Rokit6 monitors G2 • 2x JBL LSR4328P professional monitors • Arturia MINILAB • Focusrite Saffire PRO14 • Blue SPARK mic • MASCHINE 2 with 2.2 • 1 mill-e-on VSTs

Tech Mentor

A switch cleaner such as Servisoil Super 10 is ideal, i'v used it for years, also works on crackly pots, eqs etc

Never ever use WD40. It's a temporary lubricant, but its main task it to expel any moisture, and to work its way into rust and free seized joints. Essentially you think you're making things better, but in the long run, you're applying a liquid that eats into metal. Not a good idea.

DeoxIt (formerly Caiglube) is best as it's designed for the job, but any silicon based lubricant is good.

DJWORX
    - The very best DJ gear news, reviews and opinion

Quote Originally Posted by DJWORX View Post
    Never ever use WD40. It's a temporary lubricant, but its main task it to expel any moisture
    Truth!
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast