Justice Ableton Setup
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Justice Ableton Setup

Hey everyone, So I've been playing gigs with traktor pro for a long time and am just now making the switch over to ableton, mainly because of Justice's live show A cross the Universe. I was wondering if anyone knew how justice was able to take loops and speed them up to ridiculous amounts then drop into the next song at the perfect tempo. I know they aren't speeding up the loops with the master tempo clock because they are able to speed loops up then drop into the next song with no delay at all. So does anyone know how justice does this within ableton, or even some of justice's setup in ableton. Thanks
    -Ableton Noob.

Tech Guru

I'm not a big ableton user, but my guess is that they either are using a vst plugin, or are pitch bending the music in ableton.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Tech Convert

I figured it was a vst, but I just didn't know if anyone could point me in the right direction as to what vst or what effect? Thanks

Tech Guru

the trick is to unplug your hardware and rely on the illusion of playing live.

haha is there a justice thread in existance that doesnt have this picture ?

Tech Convert

Poor Gaspard, he can be a bit forgetful. I'm pretty sure Xavier does just about everything haha.

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    the trick is to unplug your hardware and rely on the illusion of playing live.

he he for anyone new to that photo, in their defence:

you can see the plug has come out at the back

MPD 24's dont require drivers of software, they are MIDI class compliant and you can whip em in and out as you wish, so I recks they do play live still

oh and:

http://www.musicradar.com/tuition/te...s-sound-208694

Tech Convert

Hey thanks for the cool link. I"m still looking for their looping technique though.
    This has got to be the funniest Justice Set Video Ever. Gaspard doesn't do anything, but it's all good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd8aZ...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by jrkakki View Post
    Hey thanks for the cool link. I"m still looking for their looping technique though.
    This has got to be the funniest Justice Set Video Ever. Gaspard doesn't do anything, but it's all good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd8aZ...eature=related
    hahaha at 2min 50sec he does the most terrible mix into Ean's edit of D.A.N.C.E

Tech Wizard

Hehe come on, it's just a sound check, give them a break.

And the picture is really out of context, there are more pictures from that gig right before that moment and after, the controller just got unplugged, he plugs it in seconds later.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast