Can I sell a Traktor SN that hasn't been used.

Default Can I sell a Traktor SN that hasn't been used.

Bought an F1 and it comes with a SN for Traktor, but I don't need it. Never used it.

Can I sell that to someone and they'll be able to use it without any issues? Just asking since I don't want to sell it then find out the guy can't use it for whatever reason.

For some reason I remember someone once saying the SN is attached to hardware or something.

Yep it's attached to the hardware
    SC | MC

i used an s4 serial with my first s2

I never had to enter the hardware SN anywhere though. So not sure that number has even been used unless the software grabs it in the background and sends it to NI. The registration utility never even popped up.

Unless when you try to register the software it requires the hardware be present.

as far as im aware, it doesnt matter. i had an s2 using an s4 serial, then got an s4 using the same serial.

You can still sell the serial number. Just because its linked to the hardware doesnt mean you need to have the hardware to use it, and you can still use your hardware with a different serial number, so there shouldnt be an issue

edit - you dont need to register your hardware. the hardware serial # is completely different than the software #. NI might know that it is not the same # that came with the unit, but as long as its not in use it wont throw any red flags and they shouldn't have a problem with it at all
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s