Changing over in a club
    Tech Convert

Default Changing over in a club

I use all four channels on the mixer, and not being famous enough to merit the promoter building me my own stage with everything already setup, I'm finding my main problem is just plugging myself in. It hasn't happened yet, but I can just see myself unplugging the guy before me's turntable/cdj, the club going silent, etc.

Multicore cables look like an excellent solution, but I was wondering if anyone had any other methods of dealing with this...

Basically if you want to do some sort of transition when the last dj finishes, you can coordinate with them what side of the mixer they will be finishing on, assuming they are using more than one channel. When they are on their last track you can unplug his cables from the other side and run two of your channels in. when he finishes up and you are up and running you can get one of your nubile young entourage to plug the rest of you in or do it your self if you have time. Thats pretty much how we do it. Practise this technique whilst drunk to ensure no mistakes at the club peace
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Yeah, that is what I've been doing but I really want something slicker. Getting sick of having to fumble around holding a torch in my mouth...not glamorous enough.

Get some of those head mounted torches instead and look cool like Orbital (or a Jawa! )

Save money on binoculars - Simply move closer to the object you intend to view!

Tech Mentor

unplugging channels as you finish using them is your best option i think. was at an event where we had 3 digital guys and a CD guy playing in 1 night. was interesting.