NI's Pioneer Video - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

thought as much. ill pull the trigger on this cdm-400 purchase lol

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by No Left Turn View Post
    I wish there were built-in hubs between all of the Pioneer devices or at least some way of linking them altogether into one single connection to the computer. Still seems clunky having to connect 3-5 USB devices to the laptop just to get this all working.
    Excellent point.

So let's say I have 2 CDJ900s, A Laptop with Traktor and instead of a mixer an S2 and Audio 6 Soundcard.

How would I set that up as opposed to with a mixer like the DMJ900?

i think the S2 as normal then 900's over midi. no need for the audio 6, the S2 should be able to act as soundcard?

Just put them in seperate USB ports and configure as such?

yeah i think so

Tech Wizard

Thought I would post this image from my setup to share some knowledge, and maybe provide a few examples to clear some things up.

I have one usb hub, it is powered but i do not currently need to have it plugged in, which connects X1,F1, 2xCDJ900s. My laptops other usb goes to my DJM900(soundcard). In this instance, the cdjs are not sending any audio what so ever, just controlling the deck in the same way any midi controller would (although with much better jog/pitch accuracy, and in a familiar-to-cdj user layout).

Say i was to take my laptop, X1,F1 to my local venue for example. They have 2xCDJ2000s and a DJM800, so i would need to use the CDJ2000s built in soundcards due to the 800 not having its own, achieved (at least on mac, i think a similar process with windows) by aggregating the 2 different CDJ soundcards to 1 device my computer splits into 4 channels, Right/Left Chan A, Right/Left Chan B. This method is quite similar to putting an Audio6/8/10 inbetween the decks and using timecode, without having to touch any audio cables, and because the CDJs are becoming controllers, much more depth of control than using timecode.

In another scenario, say my buddy brings his Kontrol S4 over. he is really into tech/ deep house, so he wants to rock 4 decks in traktor without having to use the s4s switch layer to get to decks C/D. We can easily plug my two CDJ900s and define them as Decks C/D as soon as the players are connected. These will then just become controllers again, with all audio handled by his controllers built in soundcard.

hope that clears up some ideas for some of you!
    Attached Images Attached Images

excellent, thank you!

Do you need to kill the sound completely on changeovers when using the cdj's soundcards.. Typically small to medium size clubs only have 2 CDJ2000's that are always in use. What happens when changing over one deck at a time to continue the mix from a dj using cd's or usb's or at the end of a set changing back over when using Traktor? when you connect any soundcard in VDJ it has to sync them which results in a fast audible click through the speakers.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    Do you need to kill the sound completely on changeovers when using the cdj's soundcards.. Typically small to medium size clubs only have 2 CDJ2000's that are always in use. What happens when changing over one deck at a time to continue the mix from a dj using cd's or usb's or at the end of a set changing back over when using Traktor? when you connect any soundcard in VDJ it has to sync them which results in a fast audible click through the speakers.
    Just put the line fader down or the cross fader the other side?
    Traktor S4 | Midifighter Classic | 2x CDJ 2000| Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 | Ableton Live 8 | 2012 Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 8GB | Krk RP5

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast