How Clubbing Changed The World/House Party - Channel 4 Tonight - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Call_Dom View Post
    anyone found a good torrent/dl link? im in Aus but would really love a watch. Plus it'd be cool to have on while predrinking before a gig!
    Yeah, I'm after one too. Stupidly forgot to record it when it was on. What a plank...
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Have to say,

GMF made a complete balls of his set to be honest. Have heard similar from local clubs DJ's playing chart & classic disco/dance songs.

Annie Mac really stole the show for me.

Only seen up to the end of eric morillo's set though.
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, Logic Pro 9

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    No, there were lots of bits missed out I felt... Especially as far as jungle was concerned. They covered drum & bass but it was mostly house which I found quite frustrating...
    I suspect the main reason being the premise that all dance music evolved from House music and split in to sub genres in the early 90s, so probably would be a program in it's own right to go through all the sub genres of dance music.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

I watched it all through last night with some friends.

It was a bit sad to see Grandmaster Flash like that - he really was that bad

After him was Annie Mac - I fast forwarded most of it, not my thing at all musically, but she was pretty good mixwise the bits I saw - would be a good set in a club.

Erick Morrillo was next and he played a really good house set: some great tracks, old & new mixed up - his mixing was pretty tight and he did quite a lot with effects and stuff - he was really into it and was awesome - but he finished his set with a Will.I.Am song which was something Guetta would play.. Terrible.

A-Trak was next and he was brilliant - funky tracks and some scratching and old hip hop as well - technically brilliant.

Then Horse Meat Disco were on and they were the best for me.
    I've never heard them before but they play 70s and 80s disco - proper disco though - imagine Paradise Garage in the 70s, not Saturday Night Fever.
    They were 3 trannies dancing and 3 dj's in the booth and they had little dance routines for each track, which sounds cack but was funny as

Then Soul II Soul finished, mixing up R & B and speed garage with live vocals over the top, and they were very good as well.

Great show - I have it on my cable box and I'll try get it off there this week and upload.
    SC | MC

Tech Guru

Horse Meat are up in the Toon next weekend. Very tempted to go down.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rkid_Dan View Post
    Have to say,

GMF made a complete balls of his set to be honest. Have heard similar from local clubs DJ's playing chart & classic disco/dance songs.

Annie Mac really stole the show for me.

Only seen up to the end of eric morillo's set though.
    I agree with this completely. After Morillo came A Trak though, and I thought he took the entire show to a whole new level.

Tech Mentor

GMF was such an alp, so much shite talk over the mic and meaningless scratching.

I am a beginner (1year) and got a confidence booster in my mixing from watching his set haha.

Anyone else think its a shame they had all that space and light show go to waste when they could have filled up the place with a crowd?

Repeat on 4seven at 10 tonight.
    Traktor S4 | Midifighter Classic | 2x CDJ 2000| Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 | Ableton Live 8 | 2012 Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 8GB | Krk RP5

On it like a car bonnet!

Tech Wizard

not sure how frowned upon posting torrents here is, but whatevs, you peeps deserve to see this!!

http://kat.ph/channel-4-house-party-...-t6608613.html

Enjoy!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast