How Clubbing Changed The World/House Party - Channel 4 Tonight - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

does anyone have annie's track list, there's a few remixes in there i haven't heard.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by durtyjerzy609 View Post
    BLASPHEMY...... guys like Flash, Kool Herc, Jazzy J, and the such gave us modern DJ'n to say he was awful is to spit in the eye of history. His style is a throw back to the old days when you had to loop breaks and get on the mic. Your comment hurt me as I am true lover of hiphop and DJ culture.
    I was gutted to say it myself but he really was. He can't be void of criticism on past merits. Twitter was blowing up with people saying similar. He had nothing on technique in my eyes compared to A Trak and his music selection was mostly generic poppy house (I swear he played Levels?), with some hip hop. This was a house music celebration. Neither A Trak or Flash are my kind of music, but I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated A Trak's set.

I also follow a fairly big promoter who has a private account that said he booked him once, he called to say he couldn't make it then was on the radio that night in Ibiza (ie. he'd gotten a better gig) and played a 'cringeworthy' set which turned out to be a let off for him. Said he's also the only artist he's ever worked with that demanded a spotlight on him despite the fact he wasn't the one DJing. There wasn't any more details about that.
    Last edited by KS2; 08-29-2012 at 12:05 AM.

I love Grandmaster Flash. The man is an absolute legend who practically carved the way we DJ.

His set, I felt, was absolutely horrendous though. A Trak completely blew him out of the water.

Tech Convert

Can anyone idea the track around 37 mins from Annie's set in this link? I cannot find it anywhere! :-( Just before Cajmere - Percolator

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    I love Grandmaster Flash. The man is an absolute legend who practically carved the way we DJ.

His set, I felt, was absolutely horrendous though. A Trak completely blew him out of the water.
    i think the difference was Flash played more of a block party style set like they did back in the day, hence his use of the mic shoutin out all the towns and such, trying to get the public into the whole vibe thru twitter etc. ive seen him live more than a handful of times and thats the way he plays, he vibes off that crowd participation, and yeah i can see how it would upset people because you cant really do that on tv can ya

but a-trak killllled it dead every one else was just sub par to me compared to a-trak and while annie mac thru down sum heat and had me a bit bouncey she was still just an opener for a-trak in my opinion
    http://www.soundcloud.com/durtyjerzy609 Numark TTX1's, Rane TTM57SL, SSL, Novation Dicers, Abelton Live 8, Akai APC 20, Akai MPD18, Alesis M1 520's
    I'm all that and then some, tall dark and handsome

Tech Convert

Damn, that video has been deleted already. Here's another with the same track. Starts around 7mins in.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567