Helping out my son
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Helping out my son

So my son is really getting into this entire DJing thing. He's been saving up his money and bought himself something called the iDJ3??? We'll I have been doing some searches and couldnt find anything as far as speakers go. He was able to do this on his own so the least I can do is support him and get his speakers. My thing is I dont want to drop to much money into it if he isnt going to stick at it. So does anyone have any recommendations? And please break it down into dummy terms for me, I have no idea about any of this. I'm just a dad trying to help out his 15 year old son.

Check out the Alesis m1 520 speakers. Seem quite good for a budget

roland make some fairly cheap and decent speakers... they are the cakewalk speakers and cost 100 for the smaller ones and 200 for the larger ones. http://www.rolandus.com/products/pro...?ProductId=747 good if you are starting out, plus a big bonus seeing as its a good sound system for tv's and other things of that nature, if he doesn't stick with it you can use the speakers...

oh and coolest parent evar !!!!!

First off, Kudos to you for supporting your son in his artistic endeavor. Now, there's a WIDE variety of speakers and you need to limit your choices. If he's just planning on playing at home and small parties for friends then you want to look more towards studio and or nearfield monitors. If he wants something to play bigger events, you got to look at larger speakers. Also, you haven't mentioned your price range which would be very helpful in any suggestions we can give you.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

great parent!! Glad to see that you're supporting him. These are some pretty good ones
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...o-monitor-pair

good luck!!
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

From talking with him regarding his long term goal he wants to be the DJ the schools want to use. And his friends come to for house parties. I'm looking at 300 per speaker as I've found usually come per. I want to be as supportive as possible but in the same hand don't want to drop my entire mortage payment on speakers if he's not planning on sticking with it.

And thank you all for your help, I'm lost and dumb when it comes to this.

mackie thumps!

Sounds like you want large speakers as opposed to studio monitors.

I can recommend Rolands. Cheap and worth the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    Sounds like you want large speakers as opposed to studio monitors.

I can recommend Rolands. Cheap and worth the price.
    Which Rolands would you recommend a link would be great!!!

From reading this post I've started, what I'm thinking is get him a pair of monitors to start if he's still at it in like 6 months grab him something bigger. OR should I say the hell with it and grab him the bigger units now? If he backs out and loses interest than I can possibly set them up for my home theater or sell them

if you buy the right speakers they'll hold their value (mackies)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast