Recommending a bag for my gear
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Recommending a bag for my gear

I'm on the look out for a bag for my gear. I sold my old setup and I'm in the process of upgrading my setup. I looking for recommendations of bags that might fit all of this.

Kontrol S4/VCI-400 SE
    Laptop
    MF3D
    Kontrol F1(in case)
    Maschine
    Audio 6/8 soundcard
    CD Wallet
    Headphones
    Wires
    External HDD
    Flashlight
    2 x 16Gb USB(latest firmware, DJTT emergancy DJ kit and a large selection of tracks)

I know the flashlight and USB's don't take up much room but would like for the bag to have a nice size pocket where I could put them along with a sharpie, business cards and other small miscellaneous items so that they're easy to find. I can pick up a used DJTT Mono Kontroller bag for about €80. They look to be a great quality bag and prob would hold everything there apart from the Maschine and have a large zip pocket so for that price it seems like the obvious choice but I'm just wondering is there a bag out there that will hold everything including the maschine and not be ready to burst open. I would be more interested in a backpack rather than a shoulder bag for comfort purposes but that ain't really a major issue. Willing to look at either. The only thing I really need is for the bag to be compact enough so I could take it on as hand luggage on a plane.

That's a lot of gear for a single bag. Why not get an S4 Flight case for your s4 and then put everything else into a nice medium sized backpack?
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

Yes, this is a lot of gear! And it's not good to stuff too much into a single bag. Most likely you need two bags. I would not go with an S4 flight bag, big, heavy, expensive (no wonder many are re-sold...) But if you need to fly a lot and have two bags with you to the plane, a flight bag seems to be a must.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJKyleHughes View Post
    That's a lot of gear for a single bag. Why not get an S4 Flight case for your s4 and then put everything else into a nice medium sized backpack?
    Ya it's quite a bit for one bag alright. To be honest I kinda want to avoid getting the S4 flightcase if possible as I think it will be easier to carry around in the backpack. I haven't got all this gear yet as I'm in the process of upgrading so I don't even know if I'll end up getting it all. I mightn't get the Maschine in the end. I know most of the XL bags will prob hold the rest of the gear but I'd like to be prepared in case I do get the Maschine. I don't even know is there a bag big enough to hold all this.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Yes, this is a lot of gear! And it's not good to stuff too much into a single bag. Most likely you need two bags. I would not go with an S4 flight bag, big, heavy, expensive (no wonder many are re-sold...) But if you need to fly a lot and have two bags with you to the plane, a flight bag seems to be a must.
    I'm hoping someone knows of a bag that can hold all of this comfortably as I don't want to stuff too much in and have the gear getting damaged or the bag breaking. I won't be travelling much but I am emigrating next year when I finish college so I'm looking ahead. I would prefer to be able to take all my gear on board with me and not have to store it in my luggage that will get thrown around carelessly when be loaded and unloaded a few times during my journey

Probably the closest you'll get. http://store.djtechtools.com/mono-s4-bag.html
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

Tech Wizard

Probably the closest you'll get. http://store.djtechtools.com/mono-s4-bag.html
    That's the one I was talking about in my first post that I can get off a guy for €80. They really look sturdy and I could probably fit everything except the Maschine in there.

Quote Originally Posted by booters View Post
    That's the one I was talking about in my first post that I can get off a guy for €80. They really look sturdy and I could probably fit everything except the Maschine in there.
    I see that. But yes. I would go with it. Maybe consider shortening your list to make room for machine? There are a few things I would definitely not pick over maschine in there.

Tech Wizard

I see that. But yes. I would go with it. Maybe consider shortening your list to make room for machine? There are a few things I would definitely not pick over maschine in there.
    What would you leave out. Interested to hear peoples opinions on the setup also. The way I plan to use it is controlling decks A and B with the S4/VCI-400. I would use the maschine as a live input in deck C. Not really sure how this works or how you bridge it with Ableton, or if it's pretty much the same thing. Will look into it more if I do decide to get it. Would use the F1 to control the remix deck on deck D. Plan on using the MF3D to control effects etc. I know I could use the MF3D to control the remix deck also but would prefer to keep that solely for effects, cue points, looping etc.

Everything else is in there for backup purposes. If I go into a DJ booth that has cdj 1000's I'll need the soundcard to use Traktor. Need the cd's in case the laptop crashes in this situation. Need the USB's in case I go into a Booth that has cdj 850/900/2000 and the external so that I always have my full collection of music just so that I'm prepared for any situation. Everything else there is pretty much essential ie. laptop, flashlight, wires, headphones

Quote Originally Posted by booters View Post
    What would you leave out. Interested to hear peoples opinions on the setup also. The way I plan to use it is controlling decks A and B with the S4/VCI-400. I would use the maschine as a live input in deck C. Not really sure how this works or how you bridge it with Ableton, or if it's pretty much the same thing. Will look into it more if I do decide to get it. Would use the F1 to control the remix deck on deck D. Plan on using the MF3D to control effects etc. I know I could use the MF3D to control the remix deck also but would prefer to keep that solely for effects, cue points, looping etc.

Everything else is in there for backup purposes. If I go into a DJ booth that has cdj 1000's I'll need the soundcard to use Traktor. Need the cd's in case the laptop crashes in this situation. Need the USB's in case I go into a Booth that has cdj 850/900/2000 and the external so that I always have my full collection of music just so that I'm prepared for any situation. Everything else there is pretty much essential ie. laptop, flashlight, wires, headphones
    Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the MF3D at all. Seems toy-ish and unnecessary (imo) I don't think I could take anyone waving that thing around in the air during a gig seriously.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast