How to connect Mic for "The Mouth"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to connect Mic for "The Mouth"

Hi,

I just get the mouth to make sample voice and work it more precisely than my S4 in live but I have a weird question...
    With my S4, I just connect my mic with the XLR input.

Now, I don't know where do I have to connect the mic to get the audio signal in The Mouth.
    Do I have to buy an XLR to USB cable to connect it to my mac? an XLR to mini jack? or an XLR to midi (don't even if it's exist) , to connect it to my keyboard ?

It's a real newbee question, but I didn't find the answer...

Thanks for your answer.

You mean NI's The Mouth? It's a plug-in so you need to run it in a plug-in environment such as Ableton Live, Logic, Cubase et rest... Then you activate this plug-in via the channel strip on the audio or instrument channel.

Traktor has no support for external plug-ins. There's a hokey way of using SoundFlower or something similar to pipe the Traktor audio output into a DAW and then run the Mouth from there.

Hi, Thank you for your quick answer !

Yeah I'm talking about NI The Mouth. I'm working with logic.
    In fact my question is really simple. I wanna make noise with my mic and modulate it with The Mouth.
    The only thing I don't know, it is where do I plug my mic...
    I juste wanna do things like this:

But I don't know where do I plug the mic on my stuff to get the audio signal in The Mouth...

Maybe I'm not explaining things right ? Please I need help...

kind regards,

Quote Originally Posted by huahuafood View Post
    Traktor has no support for external plug-ins.
    Hi,

I don't wanna work with Traktor. In wanna work withe Ableton/Logic + The Mouth, but I don't know where do I have to plug the mic to get the audio signal in the software.
    Do you get the idea?
    Last edited by photojojo; 08-26-2012 at 07:17 AM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legotist View Post
    Hi,

I don't wanna work with Traktor. In wanna work withe Ableton/Logic + The Mouth, but I don't know where do I have to plug the mic to get the audio signal in the software.
    Do you get the idea?

Into your sound card. If your sound card is the S4 plug it into the mic input on it and set the routing in your DAW's preferences. You can also plug the mic directly into your computers input and set the routing accordingly. The S4 is a little weird in it's mic routing and I don't have one to test so I can't say 100% that you can route the mic input of the S4 like you need to.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Into your sound card. If your sound card is the S4 plug it into the mic input on it and set the routing in your DAW's preferences. You can also plug the mic directly into your computers input and set the routing accordingly. The S4 is a little weird in it's mic routing and I don't have one to test so I can't say 100% that you can route the mic input of the S4 like you need to.
    Hi,

Thanks for the answer. So i will try to put my S4 to midi mode an try to use it with my DAW to get the audio signal from the mic. I will test this today.

For the other solution, when you say "plug the mic directly into your computer". How am am I'm supposed to do it?
    I got an XLR mic. So you suggest that I replace/adapt the XLR with USB or mini jack?
    Because I only see two connection on my computer, USB, and mini jack for the headphones.
    Is this what you mean?

Thanks,

No need to go into midi mode as that has nothing to do with audio. If you have an XLR cable you can get an adapter to go from XLR to 3.5 like this

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/deta...FYdNTAodHFcAAg

The S4 only has a 1/4 TRS input so you'll either need a cable with XLR on one end and TRS on the other or an adapter for your current cable. If it were me I would buy a new cable to keep the adapters to a minimum.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Hi,

I just get the cable from my cable box ! (a box in my room full of cable...)
    So I plugged the mic in my macbook line, but instead of sending sound to the daw, I receive sound from the Daw (or any sound from my computer).

So I assume I have to configure the line as an audio input in Logic instead of an output. I don't really know how to do this...

But at the end there will be a problem a problem because my audio line will be take by the mic, and will not be able to connect
    my speakers.

So am I'm right if I'm buying a cable like this : http://www.markertek.com/Cables/Comp...USBXLR10.xhtml

and I will be able to use a mic and my speaker.
    Then I have to do this set up to get the audio signal in logic :

Is that correct ?

What computer do you have? Mine has a line for in and a line for out.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Oh fuck...
    I think I'm a real idiot...
    I just realize that I have a mic input...

I got a macbook, and I never figure what was that entry...

I will test this right away.

Hope it will work.

Thanks you to make me think !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast