Rmx 1000 - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rmx 1000

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    +1. What did you make it from?
    It's made from 2 sheets of wood and 4 L brackets. The pic below was incomplete as I just wanted to get the RMX sitting above the mixer. I have since taken off the duct tape, smoothed off the edges and painted it but unable to take a new pic just now. It cost me £6 to make (and yeah it shows). I will in time build a better one but this will do for now.

CDJ2000 x 3 : DJM900 : Novation Remote SL25 : Ableton L8 : Traktor Pro 2

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Louie_V View Post
    I sell a lot of great to a lot of people on a daily basis, trust me I Have a fair idea of who buys what.
    LOL. I love it when self important folks say "trust me".

All your gear must sound awesome through your home stereo.

Tech Wizard

Can anyone please clear up how send return should work \ its purpose... i'm having a bit of difficulty finding out excately how it should work \ understanding. I was running my rmx-1000 though the master which obvs isn't really the best way... I'd like to be able to send the effects to a selected channel (if possible) so two tracks playing together but only one effected by the rmx-1000 but i'd like to be able to send the effects to ethier channel, 1 or 2... I imagine this is the whole point of send return... ???

I'm using a Xone 62 mixer, so the left CDJ to line 4, the right CDJ to line 6, Mixer AUX out into the rmx-1000, rmx-1000 out into line 1 on the mixer, I was told yesterday this is how I should have it setup for my mixer, I get sound but I can't define which Line the effects should go to, they seem to be stuck on line 1 no matter what I do, this make sense to me how i'm supose to move the effect to anther channel I don't understand... clearly i'm confused and haven't had to set this up before, I didn't actually think it was posible with my mixer until I spoke to a store yesterday, can anyone clesar this up for me? tnx

Send/Return is a system available on a lot of high end mixers manufactured in the last 15 years or so (though unfortunately not my Xone: DB4, or your xone:62!) which is normally activated in the effects section. Look at the FX section in the bottom right hand corner of this Pioneer DJM-900:

The last effect on the selector knob is S/R, and instead of applying an effect from the mixer's own processor it routes the audio through 2 TRS ports on the back, which you can see here on the left:

This is the signal which is then sent to the external FX processor (in this case an RMX-1000), and then returned via 2 more TRS cables to the return input. The send/return can be applied to any channel, the master, mic or either side of the crossfader just like any other effect and has full Dry/Wet and on/off control on the mixer itself. With this method all the normal outputs of the mixer (master, booth, record etc) will output the effected sound.

Unfortunately without a send/return the RMX effects can only be applied to one input at a time (by plugging it in between the source and mixer) or to one of the mixer outputs, which is a pain. I have mine plugged into the master out with XLR-RCA adapters and my amp hooked up to the output of the RMX, but I'm hoping that at some point in the future A&H will update my mixer with a S/R feature. Sadly that's not possible with your 62.
    Last edited by fullenglishpint; 09-05-2012 at 03:23 PM.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

Ok got it, thanks for the quick reply and info I was stressin out last night lol, it's a shame A&H never included S\R I love my mixer but I would sell it and probably will just so I can get this thing hooked up properly, all the new pioneer models with S\R are $2000 + trying to work a trade out with a guy at the min, DJM-600 (has S\R) and a MPC-1000 for my Xone 62 seems like a decent trade may end up asking just for the mixer and some cash. Never had a pioneer mixer before, If i could i'd get the DJM-900, but that'll have to wait a while lol

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I thought you can use the Aux Send function on the 62 and route back into a spare channel .. then use the xfader as your dry/wet for that channel(s).

Not an ideal solution but will work so long as you can spare a channel for fx and don't rely on the xfader for mixing.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    I thought you can use the Aux Send function on the 62
    Oh cool, didn't know about that. How exactly does that work?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Don't swap the xone for a DJM-600 they're not even in the same class. Here is a couple of images of how to hook up the Xone 62's effect send, it's pretty much the same as the 92's...

**note - you only need to choose 1 return channel so you can still use 1 mic.

Also if you want some messed up feedback delays you should be able to send the effects channel to itself when using a delay/echo ;-)

xone-62_top_-_send-return_-_synthet1c.jpgxone-62_back_-_send-return_-_synthet1c.jpg
    Last edited by synthet1c; 09-05-2012 at 05:22 PM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Awesome, thanks for the info synthet1c. Agreed on not trading mixers, the sound quality is going to be muuuuch better on the Xone.

Tech Wizard

OK i've tried it, it works but tbh it doesn't sound that great, the isolators don't really work when running it this way... I imagine the rmx works and sound exactly the same running through Pioneer mixer S/R as it would through through master?

Running the way we are discussing you loose a lot of volume in areas, some effect work ok other not really lol the isolator dont work, etc just not smooth for me lol

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast