Radio Show length

Default Radio Show length

curiosity arose today and would like to know how long your radio shows are... well for those of you with radio shows.

do you do them monthly, weekly... 1 hour, 2 hours... 10 minutes. My shows are about an hour long and i am expanding as it takes off

I would guess that even hour number shows are the best as they could be slotted in with other similar one/two hour et rest slots.

Tech Convert

When I'm doing radio shows or mixes for online outlets, I like to keep things short and sweet if it's a more frequent thing or if the audience of said show is looking for something exciting to engage them, so 30 minutes is my usual goal. That way I have a super-solid track selection, maintain people's attention, and then turn it off and leave them wanting more for next time.

However, any time when it's an infrequent appearance or a less-engaging/deep/chillout mix, I go for an hour. Throwing in a lot of old stuff? Maybe an hour and a half tops. The thing is, without a live audience to play for, after 90 minutes I start to wonder if the imaginary person I'm playing for in my head is still interested and... well, things just naturally end :P

Quote Originally Posted by jgatsby View Post
    When I'm doing radio shows or mixes for online outlets, I like to keep things short and sweet if it's a more frequent thing or if the audience of said show is looking for something exciting to engage them, so 30 minutes is my usual goal. That way I have a super-solid track selection, maintain people's attention, and then turn it off and leave them wanting more for next time.

However, any time when it's an infrequent appearance or a less-engaging/deep/chillout mix, I go for an hour. Throwing in a lot of old stuff? Maybe an hour and a half tops. The thing is, without a live audience to play for, after 90 minutes I start to wonder if the imaginary person I'm playing for in my head is still interested and... well, things just naturally end :P
    haha the little people in my head area always interested... they have nothing better to do.

now i do stream my show live. recently switched over from icecast to mixify to beta test it along with hawtin's app to tweet the song selection.

i would like to keep it at an hour but i have so much great new music, its like a drug and i want to play it all...

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Two hours fortnightly on the mighty Purple Radio. All streamed live.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x