Creamfields - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Creamfields

Tech Convert

The latest info will be on the Creamfields official Facebook, last time I checked their was added pics of the site Sunday morning and a new statement saying a full explanation will be provided soon and information on refunds. I've read all kinds of rumours from the comments on their.

Just saw this and really loving it. Huge shame about Creamfields :/

CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Tech Wizard

Shame about the cancellation, and I hope they organisers didn't lose too much money to cancel the whole series from now.

The biggest concern over it being cancelled is the speculation over refunds.
    Although it is only a rumour, Creamfield's T's & C's state no refunds due to weather conditions. BUT on the creamfields website they do say a refund announcement will be made available shortly.
    But how will they go about it? People who only had Sunday tickets get a full refund? People who had weekend tickets get half their money back? However they decide to manage this will surely affect their credibility as a festival and a service.
    ^ My post from the other creamfields topic.

All in all it's a shame. Been speaking to people in work and the rammifications of cancelling Creamfields has been noticed all around the North West.. Hotels where people were staying destroyed from them not having anything to do. Stuff vandalised, fighting.. Just utter madness. A friend of mine works in the premier inn/travel inn (can't remember which) in Warrington. The hotel got raided countless times. My favourite case of filth that she told us about was a room that was cooking crystal meth and someone painted the walls with excrement. LOVELY.

Liverpool got it bad.. Matthew Street Festival, a Liverpool home game AND all the people that couldn't go to Creamfields.. The place was beyond busy. Couldn't get home, all ATM's emptied. Had to walk halfway home (8 mile journey home) with my DJ gear at 4.30am before I was able to get a taxi that would actually pick up.
    Last edited by SquireC; 08-28-2012 at 09:07 AM.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

damn sounds rough
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

I went on Saturday for 2 days camping and saw Melé, Doctor P, Caspa, Nicky Romero... And then I was two hammered to pay attention. But spent most of my time in the Radio 1 Xtra tent. There was some serious "bass face" going on!

I was calling it a day anyway Sunday morning as I went with my pregnant wife but wasn't surprised when they called it off. The mud getting from the campsites to the arena was horrific. And raving at the North Stage was pretty challenging to say the least! Still, it was fun while it lasted!
    TSP 2.6.1 | 2 x CDJ 2000 Nexus | 2 x Technics 1210 MK5 | Denon DNX-1600 | Behringer DDM4000 w/Infinium X1 | MBP | A&H Xone K2 | Akai APC 40 & MPK 25 | Novation Launchpad | Pioneer HDJ 2000 & 500 | Audio 8 DJ | Ableton Live 9

http://www.mixcloud.com/lineypirate/http://www.soundcloud.com/lineypirate/

Tech Wizard

I went on the Friday for 3 days, first 2 were amazing up until Saturday night when it started raining. Ended up in the Size Matters tent for shelter (though I wasn't complaining since Steve Angello was playing), at around 2am the ground beneath us started sliding away from all the water coming in and things got pretty messy. Why they placed one of the biggest tents at the bottom of the hill I don't know.. I wasn't surprised they cancelled Sunday at all

Unfortunately we had a coach booked for Monday morning so we had to stay in the campsite all day Sunday with no access to the bars.. not the most fun I've had!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by samjl View Post

Unfortunately we had a coach booked for Monday morning so we had to stay in the campsite all day Sunday with no access to the bars.. not the most fun I've had!
    Did you stay in the campsite Sunday night then? I thought they were forcing everyone out. Was there still a lot of people around?

Quote Originally Posted by SquireC View Post
    ^ My post from the other creamfields topic.

All in all it's a shame. Been speaking to people in work and the rammifications of cancelling Creamfields has been noticed all around the North West.. Hotels where people were staying destroyed from them not having anything to do. Stuff vandalised, fighting.. Just utter madness. A friend of mine works in the premier inn/travel inn (can't remember which) in Warrington. The hotel got raided countless times. My favourite case of filth that she told us about was a room that was cooking crystal meth and someone painted the walls with excrement. LOVELY.

Liverpool got it bad.. Matthew Street Festival, a Liverpool home game AND all the people that couldn't go to Creamfields.. The place was beyond busy. Couldn't get home, all ATM's emptied. Had to walk halfway home (8 mile journey home) with my DJ gear at 4.30am before I was able to get a taxi that would actually pick up.

That just sounds like the North on any given weekend!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by KS2 View Post
    Did you stay in the campsite Sunday night then? I thought they were forcing everyone out. Was there still a lot of people around?
    Yeah we stayed in the red campsite. The police were saying everyone had to leave but the security said we could stay if we had travel booked for the Monday. Loads stayed and we had our own party in the cig tent where they had music playing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast