OS X latency issues
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OS X latency issues

So I finally got my hands on a new (to me) macbook. It's not brand new but should be able to handle Traktor scratch perfectly fine, but I seem to be having some latency issues no matter how I change the settings. What's weirder is that my desktop pc is much more responsive in Traktor even with a higher latency set. I have tried with both traktor 2.x and 1.x, at first I thought it might just be that the mac couldn't handle traktor 2.0 but even on the previous version with the latency set at 1ms I was getting a delay.

If anyone has any ideas id appreciate the help.

the machine is a 2009 macbook with a 2ghz dual core processor and 3gb of ram.

What OS version, latest drivers? What's the buffer size? Is the hard disk close to full resulting in slow VM traffic?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Did you do a clean install after buying it or are you still running the old owner's OS or is the disk nearly full?

Clean install, running snow leopard with all the latest drivers. The hard disk is pretty much empty.
    Last edited by Conall; 08-27-2012 at 05:00 PM.

What audio interface? Latest drivers?

Sorry should have mentioned that, It's an Audio 6.

Try rolling back to an older driver then. Use this to uninstall it first and don't plug your soundcard until the reinstall is complete.

You say that you have 3GB of RAM, do you know in what configuration it is? I think your model only has 2 slots, you should either have 2GB or 4GBs. Macs don't like different amounts of RAM in the slots and they recommend each stick be the same size and type.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    You say that you have 3GB of RAM, do you know in what configuration it is? I think your model only has 2 slots, you should either have 2GB or 4GBs. Macs don't like different amounts of RAM in the slots and they recommend each stick be the same size and type.
    Yeah 2 slots, It has one 2gb and a 1gb. I upgraded it with some memory from a previous laptop. I'd heard that its better to have them both the same size but figured that a 2+1 would still be better than 1+1, was I wrong to assume that?

You need to check they are the same speed as well, otherwise it will work at the speed of the slowest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast