Will this work??
    Tech Wizard

Default Will this work??

Can i use a Kontrol s4 for cues, loops, jogs, and loading and a pioneer djm900nexus for mixing and effects
    Or can i buy something to use a more logical alternative to my problem instead of the Kontrol s4?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hoesterey View Post
    Can i use a Kontrol s4 for cues, loops, jogs, and loading and a pioneer djm900nexus for mixing and effects
    Or can i buy something to use a more logical alternative to my problem instead of the Kontrol s4?

For everything but the jogs I would recommend one or two Kontrol X1.

If you can't do without the jogwheels you might want to have a look at the Denon SC2000. Even if you buy 2 of them you will get all the controls you need at about half the price of the s4.

Combining the S4 with another mixer makes absolutely no sense.

Tech Guru

Since the DJM900nexus is Traktor certified you could definitely do this without getting another soundcard. You'd have to make sure the ouput settings are all copacetic. I'd probably go through and unmap the faders and EQ pots on the S4 too just to be safe.

Seems like a lot of redundancy in the setup. Not to mention it hogging a lot of space...

Look into the Reloop Contour and X1.

Tech Wizard

Thanks so much now all i have to do is decide between the x1 and the contour...The x1 seems like a better run for my money because it is so tight integrated and it also comes with traktor 2.5 which means less spent. What would u get the s4 or the DJM900 with the x1......or what do u have?

Tech Wizard

Can i just dj witha DJM900nexus and an x1 or do i really need a denon dnsc2000 or another Media player (if u get where ime trying to get at)

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

X1 or K2 would be my choice. I have both and they each have their pros and cons.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Banned

jesus christ. google.