using jog wheels as beatjumps + start & end points - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phloston View Post
    Honestly, I'm inclined to not respond to someone who uses the word "correctly" in a largely "creative" discipline but OK.
    When you're being creative that's fine, but when you're creating a mapping there's a correct way to do certain things.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    When you're being creative that's fine, but when you're creating a mapping there's a correct way to do certain things.
    i'm sure you don't mean to imply that the mapping process is not open to any level of creativity. . not saying that my selection of mapping commands qualifies as "creative" but there are no absolute rules is all i'm saying.

And so far neither beatjumps nor seek position works very well for the reasons i have mentioned. am i missing something?

Correct there are no rules - but there are certain commands that do specific things...

Hint: It's not Beat Jump or Seek Position...
    SC | MC

Tech Wizard

wow. you're really going to make me guess?

can you at least give me a hint? a first letter perhaps?

Yeah sure, I don't mind helping, just thought I might have had an apology for you thinking I was having a go when I was trying to help before

Just teasing... I don't really give a shit.

-------------------------------

If you are using Traktor 2.5 - the command is Jog Turn - simple.
    It will keep sync turned on and play from where you leave it.
    It will also tempo bend when the track is playing - (just like a real jog wheel)

Be careful with the VCI jog wheel midi notes - it gives off more than one - when you press Learn, turn the jog not just touch it.
    (You can also map Jog Touch On if you don't want them on all the time - either with the VCI note from touching the jog or a seperate button - a seperate button means you can use the jogs for other things when not searching through the track - hint: fx / browse etc.)

For quick jumping to the start and end of a track you can map a button as follows:

Deck common > Seek Position
    Type of controller: Button
    Interaction Mode: Direct
    Set to value: 0 (beginning of track) | 1 (end of track)
    So one button with a shift modifier is a quick jump back and forth.

If you are using an older version of Traktor then it's a bit more complicated and I don't have a copy installed to check. There is no Jog Wheel - I think you have to use Scratch, but you will lose sync - I think you're way of turning sync back on when you lift your hand should work.
    I'm sure I had it mapped to Seek Position on Traktor 2 though and can't remember it jumping back to where it stopped playing, but might be wrong, ages since I mapped it.
    SC | MC

Tech Wizard

I wasn't having a go. Just being me. no worries.

I've had trouble with jog turn. For me it doesn't scroll across the track quick enough. I'm looking to just jump to say a drop 1:30 into the song almost instantly and quickly drop a cue. Jog turn isn't quick enough even when I max out the acceleration and rotary sensitivity.

Ahh ok.

Sounds like you need the old Transport > Scratch but it's no longer available in 2.5.
    But if you import a tsi from 2.1 with it mapped I think it keeps it, it's just no longer in the controller editor.

So get a copy of 2.1 start a clean mapping, add the scratch command and get happy with it, then export the tsi from the Controller Manager - just the controller mapping.
    Import that to 2.5 and it should work..
    SC | MC

Actually just thought of another way..

Map a hold type shift button.
    Map your jog to beatjump with a highish sensitivity and acceleration with it only working if shift pressed.
    Duplicate the mapping but low sensitivity and acceleration working if shift not pressed.
    Add a Sync On, Direct, Set to 1 and map that to the shift button as well.

Then when you want to scrub through the track, press shift and turn/spin jog.
    When it is near the part you want let go of the shift button.
    It will slow down and still be in sync.

I think...
    SC | MC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12