iOS App with DVS capabilities?

Default iOS App with DVS capabilities?

Ok, just looked at this iOS app, and and app with DVS function blows my mind. I'm not really a fan of using Ipads in setups and stuff really, and I think an Ipad as a mixer is a strange idea. Thoughts?
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Tech Mentor

I like that I can use any soundcard i want and not have to have it certified by any company.

I've always thought the idea of touch controls was a bad idea but I sold my VCI a while back and while I decide what mixer to buy I designed a layout in an iPad midi app to go with my X1 & F1.

Started off with a simple 2 channel mixer controlling mixing internally and using the X1 for other stuff.

Now I've ended up mapping allsorts to it because it's really good actually. I have super-faders mapped and different layouts you can change instantly, I can see the advantages.

But I still wouldn't gig it- just seems a bit fragile to use out, technically and physically but great for just messing at home .
    SC | MC

Yeah if I had an Ipad i'd try it out at home for fun. I just think seeing a Ipad mixer in the club would be kinda too far. And you made an ipad mixer app? thats pretty cool man
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Banned

I might be mistaken..... but doesn't the one the DJTT posted.... use a camera...? That'd preeeeetty lame to see if you ask me, and there's no way they're going to avoid atrocious latency..

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
    I might be mistaken..... but doesn't the one the DJTT posted.... use a camera...? That'd preeeeetty lame to see if you ask me, and there's no way they're going to avoid atrocious latency..
    I get the feeling its not camera controlled, but just using the camera as a backdrop. There is a black box with cables running into it which I'm guessing is pre-amp/output (has DJ written on it with white).

Personally I don't think its gonna happen due to the cost of needing a soundcard/preamp; And then not having an integrated system including all Traktor effects and proper midi control on top.... so it would be marginally less bulky, still need to hook up cables, still need a soundcard and lose out on everything else serato / traktor bring to the table etc ...

Touch screens are Perfect for browsing and loading tracks during a gig, however thats where it ends for me - as a mixer NO! .. what DJ using a DVS system is not going to have a mixer anyhow.

I think pioneer got it right with their Rekordbox app as a Semi-DVS solution.
    • you can edit playlists on the move,
    • set your cue points and analyze new tracks on the move
    • Go to a gig with no laptop to set up whatsoever - in fact nothing to plug in at all.

Personally thats where I think things are going for mass market DJ's - Pioneer WILL IMHO bring out some method of connecting their mobile app to the pro range of gear; maybe thats going to be a dedicated router or new mixer or new CDJ's, but they started on the slope with their mobile app and cant imagine them doing it for non-pro consumer market product only.

The video says "proof of concept" .. which is most likely to see who's interested or how viable it is. While I love the idea of using an Ipad as a DVS, I just don't see it happening due to extra hardware required to make an ipad "hear" control vinyl.

i wish i could have Serato SSL on the iPad.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |