About to playing a show this friday, and I need all of your help!! - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    I'm assuming that the laptop with Milkdrop on it will be fairly modern and that is has a built in microphone, so just set Milkdrop to listen to sound from that in it's settings and you should be good to go.
    Tried to get this going tonight on just our practice, can you elaborate cause i couldnt find where those settings would be

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Make sure you put a reminder on Facebook for everyone - don't worry about hundreds seeing it and turning upm that would never happen
    Hahahah, we're not that dumb

Quote Originally Posted by souldancer View Post
    `Seems like you have a nice recipe for disaster, glad you're not my kid. Inform the parents. If you pulled a stunt in my house like that, expect some serious ass whooping.
    Square.

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    My advice. Keep the great unwashed out of the house and have your party in the yard. Get bigger, proper PA speakers.
    If that were at all possible, we would do that,
    Last edited by Sn0wday; 08-31-2012 at 03:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Its gangster to leave the sticker on. Not like Compton gangster, more like eminem gangster. My 47" LED TV is gangster like that. I left all of the stickers on the screen. Its more like a 20" triangle TV.

Square.

`Let's wait and see, if you never worked for supporting a family, building a house, Then you seem like the rich spoiled kid that takes things for granted, and gonna fuck up some lives for people that did, yes you are so very cool.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Square.

`Let's wait and see, if you never worked for supporting a family, building a house, Then you seem like the rich spoiled kid that takes things for granted, and gonna fuck up some lives for people that did, yes you are so very cool.
    comeon keep it cool dude, why so much hate? They just wanna throw a cool party.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Traktor S4 | Midifighter Classic | 2x CDJ 2000| Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 | Ableton Live 8 | 2012 Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 8GB | Krk RP5

Get some young securitie boys...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    Charging at house parties will not work. No way. People will find a way of not paying, and it's not worth the hassle. Just leave it all out and be done with it. Accept the fact you're never gonna get the money back but people will appreciate the free booze and will probably work in your favour.
    We always charged for kegs. $5 a cup and it was obvious that there were plenty of people sharing cups and bringing their own... but we still made nearly $800 at one of our house parties

30-60 people is very easily manageable. Keep it to the basement if you can and avoid having people outside if at all possible.

Anytips on speaker placement, i can post a picture of the current set up. But what are some general guidelines for good speaker placement?
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Its gangster to leave the sticker on. Not like Compton gangster, more like eminem gangster. My 47" LED TV is gangster like that. I left all of the stickers on the screen. Its more like a 20" triangle TV.

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    comeon keep it cool dude, why so much hate? They just wanna throw a cool party.
    No hate here, just a reality check, He asked advice from all of us, And I gave him some, He calls it square so this reaction is to provoke a wake up call, to step in the shoes of someone else. "The parents of his friend." I have been a kid to, and I know what can be done at a party. And he mentioned square, If you want to have a cool party be cool and, do it like in the old days, find a place where you're sure you're not hurting people that are near you, by going behind their back. Maybe check out about the first underground raves, Your'e From Holland so me too.

I Just mentioned get permission of the parents, or find a place. "if you wanna be hardcore and the cool kid, go underground" That's it. That's not square its fair.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Bass low, mids and highs just above or around head height if pos. Project the sound over the people not into a wall of them.

Get the pictures up!
    Traktor S4 | Midifighter Classic | 2x CDJ 2000| Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 | Ableton Live 8 | 2012 Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 8GB | Krk RP5

Quote Originally Posted by Duksedrengen View Post
    how can that be a shit lots of lights? i normally gig with 4-8 scanners, Atomic, 2 led blacklights, 2 200 mw green and red lasers, 2-4 led bars :O its that a crapping shit drunk pile of lights then?

what kind truss is that? its really cute :-)
    SORRY....
    Yeah thats a crapping shit drunk pile of lights if you will... I mean. We don't gig with these or anything. It's for partying on our own basis. WE THINK ITS A SHIT LOAD OF LIGHTS. we aren't pros though.

the truss was custom built with our hands..... beat that. fuxkwitit.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast