About to playing a show this friday, and I need all of your help!!
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default About to playing a show this friday, and I need all of your help!!

My buddies parents are going out of town for the weekend, and were gonna have a show at his house this friday.

Going to be a LOT of people there, like end of the summer party.

Upstairs we are moving all the couches to the wall.

I'll be playing from a table with an X1 and a Mixtrack Pro out of Traktor Pro 2.5.

He has a home system, (a 15" and 13" sub, and then the rest of the mids and whatnot), I think it is called Yamaha Infinity, and the receiver is HTR-5730, we are sound checking tomorrow, I am pretty confident it will be loud enough. But in case, we are bringing in my buddies powered floor speaker (~110V/60Hz/128W), It's the budweiser promo tower speaker. And I have a little system at my house, just a lot of home systems.

(more info to come on the speakers)

The Mixtrack pro has the two sets of outs, how can I use more than one in case we set up two systems from each?

We would like to use two laptops to run Milkdrop into his projector, and then maybe aim the projector at a disco ball and see how that looks. And we have a couple black lights, strobes,

Is there a guide, or does anyone have experience in setting that up? One computer that will be running traktor is Macbook Pro, and the other running milkdrop to the projector will be windows. Can this work?

He has neighbors, would it be a good idea to ring their doorbell and let them know a day in advance and let them know whats going on? Ask them what times would be okay to crank it? Offer earplugs haha?

Also, in the VERY off chance cops end up there, would they take my audio equipment? Is that common?

Everyone at this house, could be anywhere between 30 to even 60+ people there. All Underage, drinking, smoking, etc.

We will be serving alcohol, buying a bunch of cheap vodka, mixing drinks and selling for like $.50.

Is this an absolutely atrocious idea?

We will be in Sudden Valley, Washington. Huge space between houses, and if there are any problems security of the Valley (Whom we are acquanted with, and are generally very lax and cooperative) would be notified long before police.

Tips? Ideas? Help?

Thanks. Couldn't think of any more experienced party throwers than the DJTT community!
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Its gangster to leave the sticker on. Not like Compton gangster, more like eminem gangster. My 47" LED TV is gangster like that. I left all of the stickers on the screen. Its more like a 20" triangle TV.

How much are flights to Washington?

I wouldn't mind watching this from a distance when it gets way out of hand.
    30-60 people in one house... It's going to get way out of control. Good luck.

But for my 2 cents worth. Definitely give some kind of prior notice to the neighbours if you're expecting the floors to be shaking from the sound. Just being co-operative and friendly when it comes to the neighbours can go a long way.

Also, I'm not 100% familiar with American house parties per say, but charging for drinks at a house party seems sketch.. Would've thought people would bring their own alcohol.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

We have bouncers who will stay sober and know them personally that they are level headed people. Fight starts? both leave, doesn't matter who started anything.

We are carefully filtering who is coming and almost have a guest list down. If someone wants to bring anyone, they have to run it by me, or the owner of the house.

People will bring their own alcohol. But we plan to have a gallon or so of hard alcohol on hand for mixed drinks. 50 cents just to make up for buying cost (A half gallon of Monarch Vodka costs about 12 dollars).

I've always thought the idea of actually providing some alcohol would be a good way to keep the party going or at least a backup in the off-chance there is a shortage. We didn't tell anyone we will be serving.

The minute we hear any word of any issues, were hiding the whole paying for drinks thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Its gangster to leave the sticker on. Not like Compton gangster, more like eminem gangster. My 47" LED TV is gangster like that. I left all of the stickers on the screen. Its more like a 20" triangle TV.

I would definately give prior notice to neighbours

set your gear up with as much protection from drunk semi naked idiots as possible. keep a mate up there with you to run defense. have fun lets get the full report when your done (hope it goes well for you)
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Expect a report with pictures!
    Traktor S4 | Midifighter Classic | 2x CDJ 2000| Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 | Ableton Live 8 | 2012 Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 8GB | Krk RP5

Agreed, keep your gear well away from anyone with a drink. It's a well known fact that alcohol is attracted to DJ gear.

Quote Originally Posted by mwn11 View Post
    Expect a report with pictures!
    This.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

i wouldn't call 30-60 people 'a LOT of people'....
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Charging at house parties will not work. No way. People will find a way of not paying, and it's not worth the hassle. Just leave it all out and be done with it. Accept the fact you're never gonna get the money back but people will appreciate the free booze and will probably work in your favour.

Definitely a good idea to let the neighbours know, if they know it's a one off they're very much less likely to call the police/security.

Police probably won't care about speakers, just the fact that there will be underage people drinking.

http://www.geisswerks.com/milkdrop/ It says here that Milkdrop can be driven by a line in OR microphone. So you could probably just use the laptop's built in microphone for that.

As far as the Mixtrack's outputs are concerned, you could just run either into an amp and run more speakers off that amp. Some home cinema amplifiers will have plenty of ins to sort that.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast