Music Organizing (traktor vs. Itunes) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

iTunes + iMatch is the best that has happened concerning music organizations in my mind. Last night I got a sudden temp bass + DJ gig. I just found some suitable stuff from iTunes Match that I downloaded to my DJ laptop an hour before leaving for the gig, using various play lists an personal tags. Job done. Plus I could organize my tracks from any of my five computers hooked to iTunes match, over at work, sitting here in my couch just now and so on... If the site has an open WiFi I could even download tracks minutes before the set starts.

Download track > ID3 Editor > Mixed In Key > iTunes (Playlist) > Rock n Roll with Traktor

This is my normal routine when organising my tracks, normally on a daily basis.

Get Tracks -> Picard for Meta Data (Fixes Data and organized folders) -> Album Art Downloader -> MP3Tag (To do Genres) -> Copy to Music Folder -> Use that as library root in Traktor

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_08 View Post
    Download track > ID3 Editor > Mixed In Key > iTunes (Playlist) > Rock n Roll with Traktor

This is my normal routine when organising my tracks, normally on a daily basis.
    This

Oh also I use Keyfinder. I do'nt use iTunes just cause I refuse to have that "managing" my library. I'm just picky :V

all my music is logged in RE3 (rapid evolution) and catogorized in traktor.

its easier for me in traktor i use the stars to organize when a song fits best in a set 1 star for intro 5 star for ending. seems to work well for me

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    all my music is logged in RE3 (rapid evolution) and catogorized in traktor.

its easier for me in traktor i use the stars to organize when a song fits best in a set 1 star for intro 5 star for ending. seems to work well for me
    I'd totally use RE3, but it never runs well (if at all) on my system :<

Quote Originally Posted by droxpopuli View Post
    I'd totally use RE3, but it never runs well (if at all) on my system :<
    i use RE3 because my main system is linux... my windows system is for production and djing only

Quote Originally Posted by Fraktionz View Post
    I use iTunes, its the most convenient for me and whatever I do in iTunes translates perfectly into Traktor.
    The comments section, the star rating, and smart playlists really are efficient for me! I only wish there were more 'zones' such like album, artist, title
    Try JRiver Media Jukebox, it's the free audio only version of their Media Center software and is extremely configurable in this respect. You can drag and drop into Traktor in the same way.

Although I think you are confusing zones, which refers to devices and computers which you can use to stream audio, with categories that you might use to browse your music.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast