help setting up traktor to use the crossfader to fade the bass over
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default help setting up traktor to use the crossfader to fade the bass over

could anyone show me how to setup traktor to use the crossfader slider to fade only the bass over?

i never use the crossfader to mix, prefering instead to use the channel volume faders. at the moment when i want to adjust the bass on each channel during a transition, i have to use the 2 bass rotary knobs. what i would like to do is to have traktor setup so that if i use the crossfader slider it would decrease the bass on one channel (but not increasing the bass on the other), with the slider in the middle obviously giving the default value to both.

im using traktor pro, and have a behringer bcd3000 usb controller.

im not the most technically minded and dont really understand how to do it, but possibly this could be done using the 'smart knob' way?

another cool idea would be to simply have traktor setup so that when the channel faders are decreased they also decrease the bass on that side a bit too?

any step by step help would be cool

paul (aka dj boshh)
    Last edited by djboshh; 06-19-2009 at 08:59 PM.

smart knob theory would work but i think you won't have enough control and end up with seriously clashing frequencies if both decks have full low's at the fader center.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

you could just map the xfader to control deck a's bass amt, and then copy it and change it to deck b's, and just invert one of the two.

ya kno what i mean ya? maybe? too tired to explain

yeah except he wants them both at 100% at the middle
    which i think is a bad idea sound wise.

midi has a value of 0 - 127 so you need to use the smart knob concept to set Deck A's low to have the range of 0 - 63 and Deck B to have the value 64 - 127 then figure out which one needs to be set to inverted to accomplish the mirrored EQ effect that you want

hope that made sense i've never actually setup anything like this but i understand how you would.

I still fail to see how its going to sound good cause i like to tweak my EQ's a lot and the only time i would want an on/off bass switch like this would be for a straight bass cut to the next track.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuz View Post
    smart knob theory would work but i think you won't have enough control and end up with seriously clashing frequencies if both decks have full low's at the fader center.
    i was thinking of using it during the transition, at the point when i want the 2nd tune to become dominant. i wouldnt have the fader in the middle at any time, but would use it to quickly cross over to the other side a little, instantly giving dominance to the 2nd tunes bass.

thanx for your replys - any chance of explaining how to do a few of your suggestions?
    Last edited by djboshh; 06-20-2009 at 05:16 AM.

traktor pro or 3.4?

i dont have my setup with me as i'm 3 1/2 hrs away from home but someone should be able to help you depending on the version (or it may be the same for either version)
    I have pro installed on this netbook im using so i may be able to have a look for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuz View Post
    traktor pro or 3.4?

i dont have my setup with me as i'm 3 1/2 hrs away from home but someone should be able to help you depending on the version (or it may be the same for either version)
    I have pro installed on this netbook im using so i may be able to have a look for you.
    traktor scratch pro 1.1.1.001

thanx

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1506 - *** ! READ ME FIRST ! *** Posting Instructions

Read the stickies before posting, moved to the general forum.

Tech Guru

Hey Bento, I think you hurt his feelings lol.

Tech Guru

this is actually a really good idea, i mean i am thinking so that when its all the way left its 0% on deck A and -100% on B and the other way vise versa

but in the middle they are both -50%

once its all the way on one side though, one can still boost it via the bass knob

anyone got any ideas?

-Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast