Sound Card Manager / Audio Manager
    Tech Student

Default Sound Card Manager / Audio Manager

Does any one know of any decent software for managing the sound in windows?

The built in windows audio control for playback devices is not a bad attempt at it but really want something where I can select multiple "sound devices" and test sounds with latency etc.

The reason for the question is I have a Vestax SPIN on Win 7, I plugged in, drivers self installed via Win Update and used the TSI map a very decent chap on here created (Oldfashioned I think?). I also got told to install ASIO drivers, which I did and no matter which I select the sound is the exact same.

When I set Audio to Spin man the sound is awful, you can hear the beat pulsing static to the speakers without anything from the song coming through in an audible manner.

I think the latency may be out, but I'm no sound engineer, so something of this standard would be fantastic.

I also bought a Numark IO soundcard... wondering if this is that much better than the built in spin controller that it would be beneficial to run it through it, or sell this unit on?

If I run via the onboard settings, sound is perfect but I'd really like to have this playing through external speakers!

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Dub2dub View Post
    Does any one know of any decent software for managing the sound in windows?

The built in windows audio control for playback devices is not a bad attempt at it but really want something where I can select multiple "sound devices" and test sounds with latency etc.

The reason for the question is I have a Vestax SPIN on Win 7, I plugged in, drivers self installed via Win Update and used the TSI map a very decent chap on here created (Oldfashioned I think?). I also got told to install ASIO drivers, which I did and no matter which I select the sound is the exact same.

When I set Audio to Spin man the sound is awful, you can hear the beat pulsing static to the speakers without anything from the song coming through in an audible manner.

I think the latency may be out, but I'm no sound engineer, so something of this standard would be fantastic.

I also bought a Numark IO soundcard... wondering if this is that much better than the built in spin controller that it would be beneficial to run it through it, or sell this unit on?

If I run via the onboard settings, sound is perfect but I'd really like to have this playing through external speakers!
    So I hooked up the Numark without issue.

The internal soundcard of the spin works fine playing audio pending I do not turn on traktor, soon as traktor goes live the audio is awful.

It picks up 2 soundcards ASIO4ALL and SPIN either one plays awful.

If I put the Numark on it works fine.

Any idea's?

Isn't the Spin designed for Mac only?

So you will have to use Asio4All I think - try upping the latency.
    You should select SPIN in the Asio4All panel, then adjust the latency till it sounds ok.

Might want to try some of the Windows tips for Traktor around the site as well.
    SC | MC