Doubling and Halving large amounts of Traktor tracks
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Doubling and Halving large amounts of Traktor tracks

Hey, I got a large library that has just been beatgridded in traktor only issue being that much of the BPM is either half or double what it really is. I tried cleaning them up with some scripts in MP3Tag (Round to interger and double/halve BPM) but it seems Traktor draws that info from its collection.nml and I don't see an option to force a reread of tags (tried a consistency check) so I have fixed tags, but Traktor displays old info.

How can I get this info to update. I heard about a program called trainspotter that could help since it can help update the collection.nml but I havent heard anything else.

Thanks

Tech Wizard

As in you've just brought the collection in and told it to beatgrid all of them in one big go? If you haven't done any tinkering with the beatgrids, which I imagine you haven't if you had this problem, it may be easier to just tell Traktor to reanalyse the low BPM tracks but set the BPM range as something fairly high (believe it's an option when you select analyse) and then the other way round for the high BPM tracks.

Would take a while, but it seems like the only option as it seems.

Tech Wizard

True, I'm sure there've been a few threads on analysing tracks, may be worth a search

Well I mean it is just such a large library I have. I honestly should have done each genre separately with a different range, but I was gonna be away from my comp for a few days so I just did it all in one.

Delete the collection file and analyse the tracks again

Wont it take several hours again regridding everything (and wont it overwrite my already adjusted BPM values)?

Isn't your problem that the BPMs are off by half or double?

Yea but I know what songs are double and half and can bulk change them in Mp3tag. I just want Traktor to somehow rescan my meta data to get the new BPM that I updated. A doubling or halfing shouldn't even cause any issues when playing. The thing is, this is much father than analysis, but Traktor ignores the BPM tag.

You know there a 1/2 & 2X BPM buttons in Traktor right? Iknow it's a pain but you can quickly fix your problem in a few hours while sitting in front of the tele.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast