Traditional DnB with jazz breaks?

Default Traditional DnB with jazz breaks?

I heard some dnb that sounded pretty much like the a little older regular kind, but instead of these straight foward funkbreaks (bum-psh-chikichiki-bum-psh) there was this heavily edited jazz break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...3ObNHAc#t=449s

Its from a clip in this documentary (Living inside the speaker, mostly about bristols dubstep scene a few years ago)

I'd really like to know some artist and/or labels that pushes this kind of stuff, so I'd appreciate any clues or suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Henke (Monolake)
    The audience expects from a concert the same full-on listening experience as from records. And this is impossible to deliver in real time. But the star has not so much of a choice. He or she plays back more or less pre-recorded music. From a laptop. Far away from the audience. Elevated. Lonely.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Warwolt View Post
    I heard some dnb that sounded pretty much like the a little older regular kind, but instead of these straight foward funkbreaks (bum-psh-chikichiki-bum-psh) there was this heavily edited jazz break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...3ObNHAc#t=449s

Its from a clip in this documentary (Living inside the speaker, mostly about bristols dubstep scene a few years ago)

I'd really like to know some artist and/or labels that pushes this kind of stuff, so I'd appreciate any clues or suggestions.
    For some older stuff, go check out Full Cycle & V Recordings, the definitive Bristol D&B sound. Classic D&B from the Reprazent chaps. Great time to be in Bristol in the mid 90's it t'were.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Will check that

This is a very good example of what I'm looking for. Fairly minimalistic, great great break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Henke (Monolake)
    The audience expects from a concert the same full-on listening experience as from records. And this is impossible to deliver in real time. But the star has not so much of a choice. He or she plays back more or less pre-recorded music. From a laptop. Far away from the audience. Elevated. Lonely.

DJ Marky, Lenzman, Calibre etc . .

Also check out CIA records.
    | NI Traktor Scratch Pro 2.1.3 | Steinberg Cubase 7.0 | Yamaha HS80m Monitors | Oxygen 25 |
    | Allen & Heath Xone:62 | Pioneer CDJ 200 | NI Kontrol X1 | Novation Launchpad |

Facebook | Twitter | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

http://forum.djtechtools.com/signaturepics/sigpic82226_1.gif
    140 / UK Bass / Bass / Hardcore Breaks / 808 / Mash Up

Soundcloud - Twitter - Facebook

For some straight badass Jazz breaks check out DJ Food Jazz breaks vol 1 through 4 & remix your own.
    2x Technics SL-12000 mk2 / 2x Numark HDX
    Kontrol Z2 / Ecler Nuo 3 / Custom Vestax 07Pro 25th Anniversary, Blue Led's & integrated Audio 6 / Numark DXM06 w/innofader
    Novation Dicer / NI Maschine / Kontrol X1 / F1
    TSP2

Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    For some straight badass Jazz breaks check out DJ Food Jazz breaks vol 1 through 4 & remix your own.
    Funny I was just looking for jazz breaks, having a ton of fun listening to lots of music I hadn't really heard in 15 or more years, but I'm on top of this suggestion.

To the OP, Celsius Recordings has been putting out a lot of tunes with a funk and jazz influence lately. Good Looking has some forth coming heavy jazz influence stuff, none of it is on the '97 pre-tech step dark dnb tip and I would call most of liquid. I think you are really going to have to go to the past and dig around Tee Bee and other Moving Shadow type tunes find like your example, which those guys were all dropping jazzy breaks, dark and minimal bass lines every time I went to hear.

check out james hardway's stuff.

i also have some stuff on vinyl that sounds similar to the macc song you put up but i don't remeber what it's called off the top of my head. i would go digging, but i have too many records and they all got kinda shuffled about the last time i moved.

the song i'm thinking of is the opening track i put in a set almost 10 years ago. maybe someone has a track id? that's sad huh? i can't even remember the songs i played lol. well, here's the set if you're curious. overall not my best or favorite set, but i dug it at the time. i still like a lot of the tracks though.

Last edited by squidot; 09-06-2012 at 01:24 AM.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    DJ Marky, Lenzman, Calibre etc . .

Also check out CIA records.
    A man who knows his dnb!

I'd add spearhead, shogun audio, celcius, intelligent records & intrigue recordings to name but a few.

Hey, your from notts, I kick around in derby. You must be familiar with the local scene?
    Do you hit up detonate much?

edit:
    ooh, one more. It goes without saying, you MUST chack out the new Utah Jazz LP : http://www.junodownload.com/products...lp/2006930-02/
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog