Traktor Pro and 13in vs. 15in MBP

Default Traktor Pro and 13in vs. 15in MBP

For all those curious (I was before I took a chance and tested it out):

A Macbook Pro 13 inch resolution (1280x800) will not show the effects panel during full-screen mode with 4 decks. It will show 2 rows of songs.

A MBP 15 inch (1440x900) will show all 4 decks and the effects/master volume panel (in addition to 4 rows of songs)

Could be a dealbreaker for some people...

Quote Originally Posted by wmilesn View Post
    A Macbook Pro 13 inch resolution (1280x800) will not show the effects panel during full-screen mode with 4 decks. It will show 2 rows of songs.
    Ouch !

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yowser.

Better get that 'Browser only Toggle' in action or make a layout that reduces the decks to Minimum to show more Track Browser and and have 2 layouts on a hotkeys to go from 4 full decks to 4 minimized decks.

Yeah, this one was a deal breaker for me. Got the new MBP 15" and it fits everything on screen nicely and i use the browser only toggle automatically when scrolling through songs.

Tech Wizard

euhm, I got a laptop with 1280x800 resolution and 4 decks + effects do fit on it ... You just need to put Traktor Pro itself in fullscreen (so you can't see the windows taskbar) So I guess that's the same for the 13" macbook pro's.
    VCI 300 - DELL XPS M1330 windows 7 - Traktor Pro - Itch

Quote Originally Posted by tomato View Post
    euhm, I got a laptop with 1280x800 resolution and 4 decks + effects do fit on it ... You just need to put Traktor Pro itself in fullscreen (so you can't see the windows taskbar) So I guess that's the same for the 13" macbook pro's.
    Do you have the full 4 decks (not minimized) and full loop & cue controls also? Because with my PC 1280x800 I couldn't get it to work.

edit: Not that PC/Mac would matter here, only the pixels.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

You can get rid of the Crossfader and the Favourites and the Status bar at the bottom to create more space. You can also put the Advanced player on a toggle Hot key.

There are a lot of ways to change the layout and have it set on hit keys to change the layout/view.

Default How to get 4 decks and FX on 1280x800

1. Open Traktor.
    2. Go to top right corner left of the magnifying glass (browse) icon there is a drop down menu that lets you choose what layout you prefer.
    3. Click said menu and select mixer.
    4. Move cursor down to first grey bar right above the area where cover art and track info comes up.
    5. Double click this grey bar until FX show up.
    6. Thank me.