Help creating a radio show/podcast
    Tech Student

Default Help creating a radio show/podcast

I'm attempting to record a podcast/radio show using my mixer set-up and a Mic. I'm using a Mixtrack Pro with Traktor into my MacBook.

Having no trouble recording audio, other than the microphone which isn't being captured. Any advice as to how I would be able to record audio through the mic whilst recording a mix?

Thanks!

I don't think you can record the microphone through the Mixtrack Pro, I could be wrong though so don't take what I'm saying as fact mate.

Tech Student

This is what I was worried about. I thought that I may only be able to run the Mic live. Any suggestions to a way around it? I thought maybe using a separate mixer, taking the output from the Mixtrack and the Mic, into the Mac?

The way I did it was record your mix as you regularly would, and open it in audacity. Then, listen to it in your headphones, and record your voice overs. You can silence any part that you aren't talking, as well as adjust the levels post record for the voice over. That way its not too loud or soft. You can also get rid of any clicks or background noise from the mic.

Then, export the whole file in the extension of your choice.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

It's a tricky problem and it all depends what you are using for the actual recording, if you know how to make aggregate devices, if the SW used understands multiple channels so you could get the audio from one device channel and the audio from something else (like Ableton could do, Traktor not) and so on.... I got this working with Ableton for mixing and recording audio from Apogee ONE. Trying to figure out how to do this with Traktor next without using the built-in mic input, that will be tough unless I pipe Traktor into Ableton Live for the recording purpose. I had that running but boy it chewed up CPU resources with all the aggregate devices running and I had a MacPro 3,1 for this test...
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik