One Year Later...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default One Year Later...

I started learning how to dj about a year ago, teaching myself with lots of help from youtube and you all here at DJTT have really helped!

With the help of some friends, I filmed this performance video the other day. I wanted to do something different than the hundreds of (rather generic) launchpad videos out there, so I composed a mix performance that uses longform samples. Let me know what you think!

Good stuff I enjoyed it!I really like the Bionic man sample juggle (Especially from some one who wasn't even born when it was out haha). I liked the multiple camera angles and the absence of too many video fx. So great job!

Only thing I noticed was that your laptop screen is very wobbly. You might want to get that fixed.

Three camera angle shooting is nice!
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Tech Mentor

Good job, we'll see where I'm at in another 6 months...
    I hear an 8hz sinewave can make a whole room of dubstep producers simultaneously stroke their beards.

Even if they havnt got one.

Nice one man! Really enjoyed it

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    I really like the Bionic man sample juggle (Especially from some one who wasn't even born when it was out haha).
    Thanks, I sure do love my science fiction! And yeah, it's a five-year old laptop that is a bit wobbly. It works just fine though!

I'm really glad that everyone likes it thus far. Sorry for the bad picture quality, I don't exactly have the finest cameras in the world.

Tech Guru

I'll be honest and say i very rarely watch these kind of videos past a couple of minutes - the combination of electro/dutch and ADD usually turns me off - but you smashed this one, some very nice skills teasing with samples and scratches, good fun!

Definitely diggin it! Good shit man!

nice one much better than 99% of the so called "controllerist routines" i see videos posted of, where i manage to watch about 30 seconds of before hurling... this was very cool and i had to watch it all a bit out of time right near the end with the volume slamming, but i wouldn't probably have even noticed that if it was in a longer set. which is what i think is really important... that those few mins sounded like they were part of a longer set. good stuff
    Last edited by zestoi; 09-05-2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: seems i couldn't spell "routine" :p
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

Very nice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast