Differences between VCI 400 - EAN GOLDEN
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Differences between VCI 400 - EAN GOLDEN

Hi can somebody say me the differences between the VCI 400 Ean Golden Edition and the orginal VCI 400?

thx

If you go into the DJTT Store they have a really nice LIVE CHAT feature. They can easily answer your questions.

EDIT: I guess the Live Chat is only available at some hours of the day/week

I wanted to know if you can load an Ean Golden VCI-400 mapping on a regular VCI-400.

>
    Last edited by loverocket; 09-29-2012 at 09:49 AM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    If you go into the DJTT Store they have a really nice LIVE CHAT feature. They can easily answer your questions.

EDIT: I guess the Live Chat is only available at some hours of the day/week

I wanted to know if you can load an Ean Golden VCI-400 mapping on a regular VCI-400.

>
    No. Different firmware and midi massages.

The 2 differences are the color and the MIDI firmware.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Also since its the special edition I'm guessing a smaller quantity were made. I would also guess that the firmware will eventually be made available for users of the standard edition. They did the same thing with the vci 100.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

I still don't know full potential of EGE firmware since didn't mess with it but I know that you can send up to four different midi massages from single button from eight buttons grid (not sure for rest of buttons) and one more thing I like about firmware is that it got advanced LED options, for example you can map button to send blinking state to LED's while track is stopped and who knows what else...

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    No. Different firmware and midi massages.
    doesn't make sense ?? same buttons and knobs ? what's the difference? Macros are software and so are modifiers.

>

What doesn't make sense? You asked can regular VCI-400 support mapping for VCI-400 EGE and vice versa. The answer is no because midi notes aren't the same for both units.

weird. why would they change the midi notes? same layout etc.

Tech Wizard

The EGE has some modes like Slicer that can only work with the EGE because of dual messages being sent with a delay. The OG 400 lacks that.
    VCI400, 2x T120, Korg Km402, guts and glory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast