Hi, my name is _______
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Hi, my name is _______

So I have gotten some really mixed feelings about my DJ name ParisCreative. As some who participated in a logo thread (Is my identity/brand outdated) know I took on the name from a brand I had as a web design company with the intention that it could be used elsewhere. I've gotten some positive feedback, but mostly from meh to no. It seems to corporate, it does not seem like a DJ name.

So I pose this basic question, my name should be _____.

For my first stint as a DJ till 1999 I was known as DJ T-Love. Kinda corny but it was what it was. I would never go back to that. I spin hip-hop, r&b, funk, soul, jazz, rock, pop, some dance. Yeah at 38 I am not too much into the EDM, Dubstep, or other genre, but if it's really good I'll find time to play it.

So the names I have so far are:

ParisCreative (leaning towards retiring)
    SoulSpins
    Funkamix
    ?????

What works, what doesn't.
    DJ Lou Paris

DJ Jizz Fart

Tech Mentor

Somehow I don't think that will work.
    DJ Lou Paris

Depends on the club

how about just paris?? or an offshoot of paris. Dj Paress??

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I really like Paris Creative no DJ.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Still looking for the perfect name? Wow, time that could be spent on doing a remix...

PS: Had to write this one: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=57668

Seems getting a name is the hardest thing for DJs nowadays. It used to be to find good records. Or today doing good productions/remixes. But I could be wrong.
    Last edited by ksandvik; 09-06-2012 at 06:03 PM.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Still looking for the perfect name? Wow, time that could be spent on doing a remix...

PS: Had to write this one: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=57668

Seems getting a name is the hardest thing for DJs nowadays. It used to be to find good records. Or today doing good productions/remixes. But I could be wrong.
    once you get your awesome epic records. you make that hot new remix, you get that dream gig... the owner of the venue says "uh what do you call yourself"

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I really like Paris Creative no DJ.
    It's so funny, I either get people that really like it, or really loathe it. And if I were to stick with it, there is the issue of the logo.

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post

Well I really cannot work on mixtapes during the week (unless I am making up a playlist or doing a remix in Ableton). I am on the train from NYC and back 4x a week as part of a 5 hour commute while doing my regular job as Sr. Analyst.

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    how about just paris?? or an offshoot of paris. Dj Paress??
    Paris is just hard to work with. SEO wise the likes of Paris Hilton, and the other DJ's named Paris, it's a crowded field. As for a play on name just not feeling Paress.

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    once you get your awesome epic records. you make that hot new remix, you get that dream gig... the owner of the venue says "uh what do you call yourself"
    Not only that, since I have a number of mixtapes out there, and some likes over at Facebook and Mixcloud I need to be cautious. If I do the name change it needs to be right, branded right, and hopefully stick to it.

On the tech forum I frequent there seems to be some likes with the name:

Funkamix

Last edited by ParisCreative; 09-06-2012 at 06:56 PM.
    DJ Lou Paris

Tech Wizard

Depends on how you feel with it. I started off with DJ Infernity. I tough it was a lame name and didn't feel comfortable. After a while and some gigs later people that I didn't know kept calling me Infernity, i got much positive feed back. Just sick with it i like the ring to it just think of your name coming up on like electric area "Paris Creative in the mix". Sounds good to me and it's catchy, plus you need a name that stands out and that one does for sure
    Traktor Pro 2 | DDJ-T1 | DJM 800 | (2) Pioneer CDJ 1000 | Toshiba Satellite | Traktor Kontrol X1

SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-infernity

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast