Help needed

Thread: Help needed

Tech Convert

Default Help needed

Hi this is my first post so go easy please

I want to get back into djing as it has been a while. Basically, I have just got my Behringer DDM4000 out of the cupboard and dusted it down. I had two turntables but they've been gone a year or two. Now I have no idea whether to keep it and invest in 2 cdj's such as the pioneer cdj 350's, whether to sell and invest in a midi controller etc etc. I'm looking to spend arund £1200 but I just can't work out with all the threads on here and the information on the internet what the best choice would be. My prefered software choice would be traktor.

Any advice is much appreciated good or bad, as all I have achieved in the last 6 hours is to get a headache.

Thanks!

Hey mate! Welcome to the forums.

Can you give us a bit more info? What kind of DJing do you want to do?

Turntables are still alive and well. People use them.
    CDJs are considered the 'standard' and are what you'd mostly use in a club/bar environment. (This isn't without exceptions though)
    MIDI Controllers is what this forum is mostly about, you can really easy manipulate tracks with them.

Tech Convert

Yeah sure. House music is the one for me. I had a play around with my mates cdj350's and DJM900 Nexus the other day, and was impressed to say the least. He plays all his music off usb sticks in each cdj, which got me thinking do I need cdjs if that's the case? I have been looking at the controllers around the 700pound mark, but I cant make any decisions

You can play off CDs, USB sticks, external hard drives, even a laptop really!

If you're looking for controllers I recommend the Traktor S4. It's ridiculously well integrated with traktor (obviously), has all the functions and features you need and (last time I checked) was around the 650 pound mark.

I recommend you go into a store and play about with the controllers until you find one that really speaks to you.