[Need Help!] Hercules MP3 e2 and Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 Mapping
    Tech Convert

Default [Need Help!] Hercules MP3 e2 and Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 Mapping

Hey guys!

I have just got the latest version of Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5, and tried to hook it up with my MP3 e2.

I have downloaded the original mapping from the Hercules website, imported the .tsi file, but the mapping won't work.
    On my first attempt, the play button is the only button that functioned. Even the X-fader won't work!

After messing around with the hardware mapping settings a few times, I ended up making it worst. Now even the play button won't work.

I'm figuring to switch from VDJ to Traktor for the additional functions and the sweet interface, but surely VDJ is much more easy to figure out.

I'm quite new to Traktor, been using VDJ for more than a year. So please, anyone, help me?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Make sure you've downloaded right mapping for your controller and traktor version. It would be little odd if nothing works with their official mapping.

Tech Convert

I've tried only one mapping from the Hercules Support website, but I figured it was intended for Traktor Pro 1.25, and since I am using the new Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5, it might be outdated.

That might be the reason it won't work. Any other mapping for the newer version of Traktor?

I found one for 2.1.x at traktor bible site. It should work all except for effects (if mapped ofc).

http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=413

Tech Convert

Nope. Still won't work. They detected my controller in the Controller Manager; Device, In-Port and Out-Port though. Just that nothing happened when I use my controller.

parts of the software aren't working correctly.....you are using a legit copy of Traktor I assume?
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

You need to make sure controller sends midi at all. Check it by little blue blinking dot in master section .

Tech Convert

It worked now! I tweaked something in the software, and it finally working. I have no idea what I've done, though.
    And yes, it's a legit copy.

Thank you, everyone, by the way!