What makes a DMC Routine so special
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What makes a DMC Routine so special

1) I'm not using this for ideas or anything i'm just wondering....

So, i've been thinking of this for a while..... A lot of these new cats entering the DMC don't scratch a lot like the old routines i've been watching, but they beat juggle. Is that what impresses people in turntablesim now a days, if so, is that the main thing that people should want to hear ?
    I love Q-bert When he did that one beat juggle like " Step if you want to be killed " - Juggled into -> "If you step up you will be killed" That was sick, but now it just sounds like people just beatjuggle to mix the song....

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Childrenatplay View Post
    1) I'm not using this for ideas or anything i'm just wondering....

So, i've been thinking of this for a while..... A lot of these new cats entering the DMC don't scratch a lot like the old routines i've been watching, but they beat juggle. Is that what impresses people in turntablesim now a days, if so, is that the main thing that people should want to hear ?
    I love Q-bert When he did that one beat juggle like " Step if you want to be killed " - Juggled into -> "If you step up you will be killed" That was sick, but now it just sounds like people just beatjuggle to mix the song....
    That wasnt Q-Bert, that was Jay Slim.

Quote Originally Posted by Janky View Post
    That wasnt Q-Bert, that was Jay Slim.

and it wasnt "if you step youll get killed"

it was "step up if you wanna get hurt" juggled into "if you step up youll get hurt"
    http://www.soundcloud.com/durtyjerzy609 Numark TTX1's, Rane TTM57SL, SSL, Novation Dicers, Abelton Live 8, Akai APC 20, Akai MPD18, Alesis M1 520's
    I'm all that and then some, tall dark and handsome

YOU HAVE TO KNOW YOUR TUNES.
    YOU HAVE TO KNOW EVERY SINGLE LYRIC OF EVERY SINGLE LINE IN THE TUNE.
    YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE EACH WORD FALLS.

Of course, you can also get lucky - by just trying juggles with every record combination you have. This is time consuming.

It is much easier to just be born a genius, like Babu, or Q-Bert.

Keep a pad with you - you never know when a potential juggle is gonna pop into your head. If you don't write it down, you won't remember it.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Might be good to add, know the overall rhythm, and changes of pace, of the record.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    YOU HAVE TO KNOW YOUR TUNES.
    YOU HAVE TO KNOW EVERY SINGLE LYRIC OF EVERY SINGLE LINE IN THE TUNE.
    YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE EACH WORD FALLS.

Of course, you can also get lucky - by just trying juggles with every record combination you have. This is time consuming.

It is much easier to just be born a genius, like Babu, or Q-Bert.

Keep a pad with you - you never know when a potential juggle is gonna pop into your head. If you don't write it down, you won't remember it.
    I thin he's more asking about why there seems to be more juggling vs scratching in current DMC routines. I don't follow that scene at all though so I can'y really be of any help.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

the problem with todays DMC routines is the robotic scratches.. there no personality cos theyve all learned from youtube or whatever have they know fader record push pull fader 2 click etc. and they end up soundin the same theres no personality bring back swamp or snake eyes or anyone with some flair gimme C2C in the team battles i love turntablism and the battle but the guys comin up these days are easliy forgetable cos they got no soul besides Vajara hes sick pimp
    http://www.soundcloud.com/durtyjerzy609 Numark TTX1's, Rane TTM57SL, SSL, Novation Dicers, Abelton Live 8, Akai APC 20, Akai MPD18, Alesis M1 520's

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by durtyjerzy609 View Post
    the problem with todays DMC routines is the robotic scratches.. there no personality cos theyve all learned from youtube or whatever have they know fader record push pull fader 2 click etc. and they end up soundin the same theres no personality
    Which explains why I just can't get into watching it. I can watch Qbert, Atrak, Craze and some old DMC routines, but the new stuff now is really just not entertaining for the most part. One of my favorites is that imperial march juggle I don't know who did it or anything, but it was pretty cool.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

that was scratch bastid from canada you need to watch his justin timberlake juggle heres a vid....

What are the actual rules - I thought they had to spin on vinyl - as in real records, not DVS or controllers.
    SC | MC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast