Recording with A6 - tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Default Recording with A6 - tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I'm trying to record with turntables, xone 32 and an A6
    I have routed my "rec out" on my mixer to the "main in" on my A6
    I have my "mix recorder" in preferences set to external, and "external input" is set to deck c.
    But traktor does not seem to be able to pick up any sound.
    This routing makes sense in my head, but obviously im doing something wrong.
    can someone please offer some advice.

Also, if someone can help me by explaining how to setup traktor and my routing so that I can route my sample decks C and D to the third channel on my mixer that would be awesome.

Jay
    Last edited by jayo; 09-10-2012 at 10:48 PM.
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

So i found a page on traktor bible and it looks like I am running eveything correctly. Im tired now and gonna take a fresh look tomorrow when I can turn the volume up, work on my audio levels and and see if I can record.

Click on the Deck Letter, in the drop down menu there is the option "Live Input".
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

My routing was correct, but my audio signal was way too low and traktors mix recorder wasn't picking up the audio. I turned my monitors way down to -15dB and turned up my master and gains and now everything seems to be working fine.

cool
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "